front yard

struss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First time posting here. Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks!

frontyard053gn9.jpg

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a jerk but it's a shot out the front door. Where you looking for critique on composition, color, etc.? and turn the date stamp off, just detracts from an image.

i actually sorta like it... it's a lot rough, but the idea is kinda neat... bland colors indoors, outdoors is vibrant colors.

hi guys, thanks for the input. Just curious to know what people think about snapshot like and not so perfect pictures. More comments on it if you want. Can be anything...

This is the better gallery for "general comments" of any kind.
The Guidelines_to_Photo_Critique clearly state that that forum is something VERY specific. Read them and find out :D.

Sorry LaPhoto, thought I was following the guidelines to post this picture. Thought I could get some comments on this not so perfect picture. I would like to know if the distorted door frame bothers anyone, the date...etc. Maybe I needed to point it out what I wanted people to comment it on. Some people didn't mention it when asking for comments so I didn't know that I have to do that. :(

Well, in answer to your question on the date: it distracts a great deal. I would advise anyone who has inbuilt dates that will print themselves onto their frames: switch them off if you want to do more than snap your holiday pics.

As to the framing done by the front door and curtain: I am not happy with it.
What does make me happy are the colours outside and the light and generally beautiful day that you captured from within, but I would have wished for you to step closer to the door so you would lose the curtain. I can imagine a nice framing done by the side of the house and the righthand frame of the door... do you follow me?

I smell gun powder, and I see dead pixels. Sorry, guys, I had to pull the remains off the site to stop the fire. Before I disappear permanently from this jungle, I have a few words for meotter. It's a pleasure to meet you. You know sometimes when you meet somebody that sees the same things that you do, you have the ESP feeling. Good photographs are not just perfect images. Just like pretty people are not necessary good people. Rules are made by human beings. You need to go beyond rules somethimes. Good photographs are photographs that move people in some way. Sometimes you need to forget the rules and just use your instints. That's what I'm trying to do it and trying to get some feedback here. It's just an experiment. And that's how we learn....

Most reactions

Back