Froze my butt off for these pics…

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few days ago I braved the freezing cold temperatures (-24C with the windchill) to take some pictures along the Toronto waterfront:

Skyline view, from the west of downtown (frozen water in the foreground)

img0108rlt3.jpg

Frozen trees at the water's edge

img0107rsr0.jpg

The Cherry Beach lifeguard station at dusk

img0118rul2.jpg

img0130rpr1.jpg

Sunrise over Toronto Harbour

img0104rvf6.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nice pictures Antarctican! 3 and 5 are the best for me.

Looks like you have about the same weather as I do. I've been using it as an excuse not to go outside... but I should probably go out there and snap some shots.

3rd and 5th win it for me
but -24 is nothing! I was sat in a hide when it was -5 the other day :lol: telling you us Brits know about cold weather;-)

Hmm, Antarctican.. seeing your first image ... do you know Beer Rock by any chance?

and #2
Like the way the ice had frozen up the trees and the birds can't leave out the birds

Nice series!

Ugh! Anti you wasted your butt! These are TERRIBLE.

Hehe JUST KIDDING! :D I also like 3 and 5 the best! :hugs:

The 1st life guard station is my favorite,I love the colour of the sky.The frozen trees are excellent but I would love to see a full frame of those trees with ice crawling up from the bottom.The skyline view is also excellent and is that the famous rotating cafe I see in the backround?Im not to sure if I like or dislike the branches that are sicking out of that shot,I dont know why though.It would be nice to see a picture of the town looking out from the rotating cafe(if thats what it is).Maybe at sun set or something.Maybe that could be your next mission?

bla said:
Nice pictures Antarctican! 3 and 5 are the best for me. Looks like you have about the same weather as I do. I've been using it as an excuse not to go outside... but I should probably go out there and snap some shots...!
cold.gif
Yep, might as well get out there! Briefly... (It was so cold, I couldn't take it for very long. So much for my screenname, eh?)

lostprophet said:
3rd and 5th win it for me.........but -24 is nothing! I was sat in a hide when it was -5 the other day :lol: telling you us Brits know about cold weather;-) .......and #2 - Like the way the ice had frozen up the trees and the birds can't leave out the birds
girl_hide.gif
<---- ("hide", get it?)

Alex_B said:
Hmm, Antarctican.. seeing your first image ... do you know Beer Rock by any chance?
girl_drink1.gif
Can't say I do. Hmmm, I'm intrigued!

oCyrus55 said:
Nice series!
girl (28).gif
Thank you oCyrus!

EBphotography said:
Ugh! Anti you wasted your butt! These are TERRIBLE. Hehe JUST KIDDING! :D I also like 3 and 5 the best! :hugs:
girl (11).gif
Had me going there, EB!

Thanks all for your comments!

pickypics said:
Very nice pictures... 3 and 5 for me too, really nice!!
don-t_mention.gif

ShootHoops said:
You're an Antartican and you can't take that weather? I'm shocked! :D I agree with Eric, #3 and #5 are very nice! :thumbup:
sad (19).gif

Tangerini said:
Very nice :)
fgrin.gif

chris82 said:
It would be nice to see a picture of the town looking out from the rotating cafe(if thats what it is).Maybe at sun set or something.Maybe that could be your next mission?
celb (18).gif

In this whole thread I like the smilies best!

Not!

The PHOTOS, the PHOTOS. Mostly so Photo 3! Yes, yes, yes.

What is "icy-cold"? :scratch:

Most reactions

Back