Frozen at the Bluffs

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So...I get ready to leave for work this morning, and see this stunning sunrise coming up, with colours I dont see to often. I put myself in the car, and drove to the lake. It was -16C with winds gusting to 50kms. I forgot my gloves, but said, I have to at least grab one shot of this. When I got to the edge of the lake, I found this. The surise was reflecting of the icicles, and the waves were huge. Between shaking, and trying to get the horizon straight, this was the best I could get. A little fuzzy but....

Only ps work was a tad sharpen and contrast, but this is pretty much out of the camera.

166_6601aa.JPG

With this one I could imagine a different crop to get the horizon out of the centre... very little sky, most of the light coming from the "glowing icicles" ... something like that. The colour of the rising sun and the "pink" icicles are special - very special!

Mmm, delicious sky there.. It's like we have the sunrise twice, once in the sky and again in the icicles. Great shot!

beautiful shot, chiller. expected nothing less than spectacular, and thats what you always shine thru with...

this is so great. the lake looks like an ocean...angry and storm tossed..

i love it just like it is...

Thank soo much everyone for your kind words. I appreciate it.

What you wouldn't do for a beautiful shot!

A beautiful shot... well worth the cold. Love the sky, the water, the icicles... excellent!

Nice shot, but in this case I would have prefered a brighter subject ;)
Maybe your conditions couldn't permit this...

heh, i see i'm not the only early bird, here...

Awesome shot! I like it how the icy branch is kinda silhouetted but still has all the detail and color in it. Beautiful! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back