Frozen In Time

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by R00kAC0WGIRL, Jan 23, 2009.

1. R00kAC0WGIRL

R00kAC0WGIRL TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello This is a Picture I took in January when we had the ice storm . I really liked it and hope you do too.

[​IMG]

2. Star_Climber

Star_Climber TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i love it,it's an amazing picture

3. R00kAC0WGIRL

R00kAC0WGIRL TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you !!!! I am in Indiana and just joined this group and I am new to photography and hope to learn a lot : )I got my first camera Christmas 2008. and I love it !!!

4. SlimPaul

SlimPaul TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That's a good start. What camera did you get?

5. R00kAC0WGIRL

R00kAC0WGIRL TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nikon D60 This was hand held with the 18/55 VB lens Thank you I found out later I was suppose to use a tripod to take these shots LOL . I don't have one though yet I bought a mono pod and will buy a tri pod next just buying a little at a time I want a macro lens but can't do that yet either . I need to learn how to do things off Auto . I have classes that I am going to take but I wanted to get a feel for my camera first before I start any classes Also would like it to be warmer weather when I take them. Thank you I will try to post more pictures soon. And would love feed back : )

6. Ptyler22

Ptyler22 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice shot, I got some like that too, we got hit bad in MA, One of the ones I shot like that looks like a fetus, lol everyone who sees it is like hey it looks like a fetus, it's kinda weird, haha

7. KiwiShot

KiwiShot TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm kind've in the same boat as you. I bought a D60 two days ago, my first camera that I bought for myself. I haven't taken any photo's using camera's, except my cellphone, in about 6 months. I did a 2-day course on SLR's early last year and I'm taking photography in school this year.

Just read up on things like ISO, aperture/f stops and shutter speed. Once you get the basics, go into Manual mode and start playing around. I suggest buying a 4GB+ card and going crazy at a park or something, don't look at any of the pics you took until you get home.

A lot of my pictures were ruined because I didn't have a steady surface or tripod, I suggest checking out night photography, I did a bit last night with no tripod and it turned out pretty bad, they were all too blurry. Buying a tripod for $30 off an online auction site.

Best of luck! :D

8. R9R Photography

R9R Photography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Tripods should really only be necessary if your shutter speeds is fairly slow, assuming you're using the kit lens. Average rule: take 1/<focal length>. That should be about the slowest shutter speed you can use for handheld shots. So if you're shooting something at 30mm focal length, you should be shooting at no slower than 1/30s shutter speed :)

As to the picture, I'd look at composing the image a little different. The left side of the frame is pretty full with the branch and the ice, but the right side feels pretty empty. Experiment with different angles/views of your subject to fill the frame, if nothing else it will help you "see" differently.

Other than that; read all you can about photography, enjoy your class, and shoot as much and often as you can!

9. ILovePlaya

ILovePlaya TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like it.
    Good early effort.
    Craig.:thumbup:

10. Ejazzle

Ejazzle TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thats a cool shot