Frozen in time!

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I made a trip to see some relatives in Southern IL this last Tuesday and Wednesday, and decided to go to the Shawnee Nat't Forrest for a while to see what I could dig up. After a heavy rain, the temperature fell very quicky, and the rain coming down the hill and dripping off the cliff here made for some great, frozen falls. And just beside the falls, moss was starting to form at the bottom of the trees, which is a sign that spring is just around the corner.

Picture-039b2.jpg

Tree.jpg

Yea I think that you are right, I am looking at it on my desktop, and I think I went a tad overkill. Thing is...I just read about going overboard with saturation in Outdoor Photographer magazine. DOH!

Very nice pics... did you get to the Garden of the Gods while you were there? It's an awesome place any time of the year but I really like it when the trees are bare and you can see all of the valley floor...

DestinDave said:
Very nice pics... did you get to the Garden of the Gods while you were there? It's an awesome place any time of the year but I really like it when the trees are bare and you can see all of the valley floor...

I didn't make it to the Garden of the Gods this time, However I am down there all the time, and plan to make a couple of trips in the spring time, which is my favorite time of the year to photograph that area. Also if you go a bit further rim rock is also a great place to be.

ClarkKent said:
Yea I think that you are right, I am looking at it on my desktop, and I think I went a tad overkill. Thing is...I just read about going overboard with saturation in Outdoor Photographer magazine. DOH!

I just read that too! I love that magazine, it's the only one i get a subscription too. I had AZ Highways for a while but that ran out...

anyway, love that first pic, the ice looks cool and you have so much color for a winter shot... awesome! :thumbup:

JTHphoto said:
I just read that too! I love that magazine, it's the only one i get a subscription too. I had AZ Highways for a while but that ran out...

anyway, love that first pic, the ice looks cool and you have so much color for a winter shot... awesome! :thumbup:

Nice series and another subscriber here!!

ClarkKent said:
I didn't make it to the Garden of the Gods this time, However I am down there all the time, and plan to make a couple of trips in the spring time, which is my favorite time of the year to photograph that area. Also if you go a bit further rim rock is also a great place to be.
Maybe we can get a couple more of us together and do a meet-up at GOTG...
it really is a great place to photograph... I'm about 5 hours drive away and have talked about going there often...

DestinDave said:
Maybe we can get a couple more of us together and do a meet-up at GOTG...
it really is a great place to photograph... I'm about 5 hours drive away and have talked about going there often...

That would be great...I love going down there. I too am about 5 hours away, but if I get any reason to go...I am off and on the way.

Excellent images. Love that first shot.

Most reactions

Back