Fruit Compartment, Fruit Department

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by katileka, Jul 15, 2004.

1. katileka

katileka TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

It's fruit.

And some carrots.

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    not enough light for me, and the colors are a bit too dark because of light. But its another original idea :D

3. ZacKrohn

ZacKrohn TPF Noob!

hmm..well I like the idea...but I the the ratio of bag:fruit is to large if there was more fruit it woudl be much more interesting.

-Zac

4. StvShoop

StvShoop TPF Noob!

i think an artist's statement would really help this one. it seems almost profound, but i'm not sure if i'm getting the message you intended.

the flash makes it a little snapshot-ish, but maybe that's part of the communication?

5. Sk8man

Sk8man TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    this shot is a little too "busy" for my eye.

the objects are not so clear and the pic can't show us what you wanted to say.

6. katileka

katileka TPF Noob!

Honestly I don't really have a "statement" to make about it.

I wanted to take a picture of fruit but who really sees fruit just sitting in a bowl on some table or just lying around. The only place you see fruit just "laying about" is in the fruit compartment of your refridgerator. Today, this is the most natural settings for taking pictures of fruit with the exception of maybe the grocery store. But at the grocery store, all of the fruit are impersonal. The fruit in your fridge, you picked them. You chose that one nectarine out of dozens of nectarines. That one was for you. But you are not going to pick the perfect nectarine for it to just roll around in your dirty refridgerator. You are going to protect it with a bag. And when the time is right, you are going to open up that bag and have that nectarine for a snack or for making a smoothie or whatever.

Wait. I think that was a statement about the photo.

7. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

I agree with you, StvShoop. I would have liked to have seen a version with side lighting and a soft fill. Side lighting to accentuate the texture and shape, and a soft fill to add detail to the shadows that side lighing creates.

8. StvShoop

StvShoop TPF Noob!

yeah, i think so :p

interesting thoughts, i can understand the "natural setting" thing, and it goes with the photo

9. molested_cow

molested_cow No longer a newbie, moving up!

Haha, your view on fruits is interesting.

I love fruits. Coming for the land fruits and my grandparents being fruit farmers all their lives, I tend to see fruits beyond what they are. You know how much of a pain it is to be in the US? The kind of fruits you guys get here sucks. Sorry I have to be harsh about this, but I will attach a photo to illustrate what I mean.

Anyways, fruit is a big part of our diet. I say 40% of our diet is fruit. When I go to a supermarket, my favourite section is the fresh fruit section. The welcoming colors and scent. If I were you that's the kind of feeling I will try to capture.

Here's a photo of the most famous mango producing town in Taiwan. It's a distribution market, and yes, they are ALL MANGOES of different breeds.

[​IMG]

10. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

Mmmm mangoes :drool:
    Mangoes are one of those lil summer delights ..everytime I think of them I think of sitting on a porch step on a hot summers day and eating one , wih the juice running messily down my arms :sillysmi:

The pic is a different take on fruit presentation ... its good to see someone willing to 'step outside the square' a little ... rather then the oft seen 'fruit in a bowl ' pic.
    Having said that , I would suggest playing around with the positions of the fruits you want the attention on ...nestle them a little more prominently amongst the plastic.
    Making the fruit the primary focus and the plastic a secondary focus could help get your message ( which you described above) across a bit stronger...
    Just my opinion :)

11. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Don't say that. You are going to get MD all excited. ;)

12. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

He's all good , he knows I'll share the mango ;)

Lol ya DID put that sig up ! You rawk ! :LOL: