"Fruit" on a - - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"Fruit" on a Royal Palm, Cuba's national tree.

RoyalPalm.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. The colors really make it pop!

Love the crispness on the leaves and the contrast of the fruit with the leaves beautiful shot Ron!

Hey Ron. Well, this is probably the first shot I've seen from you in a while that I wasn't thrilled with. It's crisp and sharp which is great, but the composition is leaving me feeling a bit flat.

A different angle or framing might have helped, but by and large I just think that as much as it's pretty, it's not a super exciting subject.

Black and white and super-contrasty might be interesting since you have some decent textures and patterns... maybe crop it down a bit at that point too. Just an idea.

Just my opinions, of course. Feel free to completely ignore me. :)

Hey Ron. Well, this is probably the first shot I've seen from you in a while that I wasn't thrilled with. It's crisp and sharp which is great, but the composition is leaving me feeling a bit flat.

A different angle or framing might have helped, but by and large I just think that as much as it's pretty, it's not a super exciting subject.

Black and white and super-contrasty might be interesting since you have some decent textures and patterns... maybe crop it down a bit at that point too. Just an idea.

Just my opinions, of course. Feel free to completely ignore me. :)

The problem with angles is that I was trying to eliminate man-made objects from the pic, a real problem on a resort. What struck me was the glorious contrast in colours. I will look @ a grey scale version but do not expect much from it. Thanks for conveying your thoughts Chris.

The problem with angles is that I was trying to eliminate man-made objects from the pic, a real problem on a resort. What struck me was the glorious contrast in colours. I will look @ a grey scale version but do not expect much from it. Thanks for conveying your thoughts Chris.

My pleasure. Totally understand on the manmade annoyances. :)

Most reactions

Back