fruitful weekend. enjoy! also give your C&C if you want.

sburatorul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
it was a very fruitful weekend visiting relatives in the country side, visiting a Village Museum and going out to take photos of a fellow tpf member who also happens to be a very good friend.

playing pool. its a tad soft i know but the light was very dim. 50mm f1.8 1/30s iso 400
playingpool.jpg

playing with fire - fire stallion 50mm f3.5 1/640s iso 800
more images from the series can be seen here FIRE FIGURES
4.jpg

this is Khronos also a member on tpf. 50mm f10 1/100s iso 100.
i think it would have worked with a little more saturation.
costiiniarba.jpg

this is just a replica of traditional rural fountains in my region. i will try and post pics of an authentic one. 50mm f2.8 1/1600s iso-100
fountain.jpg

Village Museum - scene from a rural house.50mm f1.8 1/25s iso 800
rustic.jpg

sorry i posted so many but i couldn't decide. let me know what you think. More photos of the weekend can be seen on my Flickr.

Wow! Nice shots!

#1 has great lighting!
#3 made me giggle.

I am off to a picnic, so, I'll say more later.

But for now, nice job!

Photo is overexposed, not desaturated. Generally, your camera should have pretty good color saturation, even when shooting in the Standard mode. You'll notice the palm of their hands are blown out. Just too much light jumping in this scene. You have it set at F/10 sure, but at 1/100th of a second which is still pretty fast for a super brightly lit scene like this.

#2 and #3 are my favorites. That is pretty amazing that you were able to catch the fire perfectly in the shape of a stallion. The focus looks a little fuzzy near the top, but still a nice shot. #4 is hilarious. It just shouts childhood innocence and freedom. Very fun!! I wish that left hand wasn't in the shade though. The shadow is also falling on the left shoe a bit too. It would have been nice if the lighting had been a little more consistent. These are really great though. Nice Work!!

Photo is overexposed, not desaturated. Generally, your camera should have pretty good color saturation, even when shooting in the Standard mode. You'll notice the palm of their hands are blown out. Just too much light jumping in this scene. You have it set at F/10 sure, but at 1/100th of a second which is still pretty fast for a super brightly lit scene like this.

it doesn't seem overexposed on my screen and no blown out area on the palm... could this be from monitor calibration? that is still a mystery to me.

about the shadow... i was wondering where it may come from as we were on open field but in another pic i noticed his girlfriend was on the right shadowing that part of the pic... gotta be more careful with this things.

I thought the flower in front of the wall hanging made the shot rather busy. I would have focused on the wall hanging and probably got rid of the flower. Just curious why you chose to shoot at ISO 800.

thank you all for the replies and comments. it means a lot and i learn every day. very good idea with the c&c group.

the light in the room was very soft and i didn't wanna spoil it with the pop-up flash. and even at f1.8 it was to dark to hand held lower than iso 800. it was in the village museum so i couldn't move things arround as i wanted... but than again. its a personal choice. thanks for the reply.

it doesn't seem overexposed on my screen and no blown out area on the palm... could this be from monitor calibration? that is still a mystery to me.

about the shadow... i was wondering where it may come from as we were on open field but in another pic i noticed his girlfriend was on the right shadowing that part of the pic... gotta be more careful with this things.

If you open up your photo in any image editing program, and take a look at the histogram, you will see the photos values clipped to the right and left. The red and green channels at least match, but you have the blue channel shifted to the left of the image, which is causing a bit of that color shifting.

I don't mind the over exposure on #3 at all. I saw it like "falling into a dream"...

thank you people :) ANDS - i always learn new stuff so i will try and pay more attention at those kind of things. thanks.

Most reactions

Back