frustrated

sonykid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
first off, im new to this forum... first thread.

and im extremely bad at google searching due to my intense lack of patience with the internet. i looooove my photoshop cs2 but im really just an idiot in it. i kno how to change saturation/hue and put on some filters but thats about it. not quite sure what a mask is? or what an hdr is?

i like the looks of pictures that are photoshoped.. like this one http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss246/WHEELSEX/AudiA3Pic1Flickrcopy.jpg that i found on another thread... but once again, my seriously limited knowlege of photoshop cant comprehend how that look is achieved..

so i have a couple questions.

question one is- my camera came with some RAW image editing software... but i cant seem to get my pictures off my camera in anything but jpg. does ptp not support raw images?

question 2- is there a program that you can make it look like you used a filter, like say you take a picture without a polorizer, is there a program that can make it so you did? that seems like it would save you alot of money instead of buying 60$ filters.

question 3- back to the photoshop, is there any preffered tutorial that is really thourough for doing stuff to pictures to get proffesional quality pictures.

i am an amateur obviously, i got my camera about 2 weeks ago, and i had ps cs2, image ready cs2, illustrator cs2 and indesign cs2 all on my comp before hand. ive read some stuff and light room 2 comes up alot. is this something i should look into?

thank you for all your advice, im really in need.

The number of books available are too numerous to list. A search of Amazon can help you there. Do not discount the use of the Photoshop CS2 for dummies seres. They actually do have good info.
The filter question is yes. Again, too numerous to list. And again, use the books.
The one thing to remember however, is that a filter on a camera behaves differently than a filter in PS. Why?

Because the PS program uses the whole image to do what it does. A filter on a camera will limit the light coming through to do something. Warm, cool, polarize, etc. That means that the amount of data PS is working with is now limited to whatever the camera recorded. The tones, chromes, hues, etc will be limited, and the program can only work with what it has been given.

so i have a couple questions.

question one is- my camera came with some RAW image editing software... but i cant seem to get my pictures off my camera in anything but jpg. does ptp not support raw images?.

Not all cameras shoot RAW, but yours probably does given that it came with the RAW software, however you may have missed the Shoot RAW choice or shoot JPEG + RAW, in your camera menu.

skieur

Although software filters are great and I use Nik EFX, one of the few software filters that is not as good as the glass one is the polarizer. You can improve the sky with a software polarizer but you cannot reduce reflections like you can do with the glass one.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back