Frustration

for me if i think about things too much (like if im thinking 'holy****ing****balls is my iso right? fstop? shutter speed?") i tend to **** up more. just relax and keep shooting is my advice. im sure you know how isos, fstops, shutter speeds, etc work so its not like youre clueless, juust go with the flow and things will come.

im saving up for a DSLR and im always not happy with whatever photos i take with my point and shoot. its usually just the unbearable noise and camera shake....occasionally the fact that its a 4.3MP camera
i get seriously fustrated and just makes me wonder if i just get horrible photos because im just a bad photographer.. :( i only in highschool so i can barely afford anything with my weekend job let alone a $1000 camera
seriously i told my mom i was saving up for a dslr and she was like
"haha dont worry, ill give you my camera :)"
her camera is a REALLY OLD 3.2 MP point and shoot. i just get thoughts like what if i am really bad and when i do get a dslr nothing wil have changed and ill still be horrible

im saving up for a DSLR and im always not happy with whatever photos i take with my point and shoot. its usually just the unbearable noise and camera shake....occasionally the fact that its a 4.3MP camera
i get seriously fustrated and just makes me wonder if i just get horrible photos because im just a bad photographer.. :( i only in highschool so i can barely afford anything with my weekend job let alone a $1000 camera
seriously i told my mom i was saving up for a dslr and she was like
"haha dont worry, ill give you my camera :)"
her camera is a REALLY OLD 3.2 MP point and shoot. i just get thoughts like what if i am really bad and when i do get a dslr nothing wil have changed and ill still be horrible

the camera only counts to a certain extent. although im not a fan of him, ken rockwell makes a good point in this article. ive seen pics taken with cheapo point and shoots kill other pics taken with a high end dslr

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

Even while I already had my 350D, I still took photos with the Powershot, and some of those are really good (if I may say so about myself), also one of my all-time favourite photos was taken with the Powershot. I made an enlargement of 50cmx70cm of it (don't ask me how much that is in inches, I don't know, but that photo was LARGE), and it was still with NO NOISE, no blurriness, nothing. Gave it away (framed) as a birthday present. Silly me... If today I were to sell said photo, it'd go for a high price! And that is one that was taken with a so-called "Point and Shoot" (at 5 MP)!
So - sorry to say so but - it is NOT the camera that takes the photos...

(Of COURSE compact cameras reach their limits EARLIER than SLRs, like the lenses I own reach their limits a lot earlier than lenses that other TPF members own! I know that, too).

anyways, i was just wondering if after i get extremely familiar and comfortable will my creativity become easier to express? did any of you 'at-it-for-a-while-ers' ever go through this?

Sounds all quite normal to me.

there are always phases where you improve quickly, and phases where you seem to make no progress at all ...

the camera only counts to a certain extent. although im not a fan of him, ken rockwell makes a good point in this article. ive seen pics taken with cheapo point and shoots kill other pics taken with a high end dslr

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

that article is really good and i completely agree with it, except for that whole a $150 versus a $5000 camera, i mean sure, its easy to get a $5000 camera down to do what a point and shoot does, but can you say the same about a point and shoot doing the same as a $5000 camera?

the main point of his artice i guess is that you cant blame the quality of your works on your lack of material :)

but then again, there are times when i just think 'if i could have opened up the apeture just half a stop down, i could have put the shutter speed up and then this stupid camera shake wouldnt show D:"

that article is really good and i completely agree with it, except for that whole a $150 versus a $5000 camera, i mean sure, its easy to get a $5000 camera down to do what a point and shoot does, but can you say the same about a point and shoot doing the same as a $5000 camera?

Yes, yes you can. Or at least I can. On top of that P&S cameras have some features that $5k cameras can only dream about! :D

but then again, there are times when i just think 'if i could have opened up the apeture just half a stop down, i could have put the shutter speed up and then this stupid camera shake wouldnt show D:"

Your P&S doesn't have anitshake or digital AS? http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126888 or something. ;)

--
BTW, all my photos on this site are shot with a P&S. Check the link below.

Have a clear understanding of what you want to illustrate, plan how best to illustrate it and then take sharp photos.

Somebody once said something about sharp photos of fuzzy ideas being a bad thing. ;)

Photography is a set of tools just the same as any set of paints and brushes.

Creativity is completely biological.

Knowing yourself is more important than knowing your camera, it's also a lot harder.

OK, that's enough one liners for tonight. :)

Yes, yes you can. Or at least I can. On top of that P&S cameras have some features that $5k cameras can only dream about! :D

lol like what =O!!?

and no my camera doesnt have anti shake or anything useful D: its that old. :meh:

Most reactions

Back