FS: Canon 17-40mm L and Canon 580ex

Peter S.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Both are in flawless condition and were rarely used.
Looking for about 600 on the 17-40mm and about 300 on the 580ex
will trade for a tokina fisheye or some bronica medium format gear

85EB0008.jpg

85EB0017.jpg

Last edited:
*I am not a buyer*
but your prices - firstly what currancy are you talking about - $ £ - also what nation are you selling from ( as a direct impact on postage costs ;))
Also your price on the 580 - I take its the original and not the M2 edition - is only $16 less than a brand new 580M2 from amazon - and in the uk its £50 over the cost of a new one.
Clearly second hand people will be expecting some slightly cheaper prices - otherwise they will simply get a new one ;)

edit - price for the 17-40mm is also similarly in trouble a bit - check the prices selling on ebay and craig list for some idea of what the going rate is for second hand for both items :)

sold the 17-40mm
580ex is still for sale

and to the dude who posted bitching about my prices i really dont care get off my thread unless you want to buy what im selling

Mearly trying to help was all - typically 2nd hand products don't sell for the same price as brand new. I am glad that you have managed to sell the lens at the price you asked for.

But you still have not listed country or currancy that you are dealing in - remember this is an international forum so potental buyers need to know where you are dealing from

Someone coming here to sell his wares with only 2 posts tirading someone who has been here for a long time with well over 3K posts isn't wise. What he says is the truth. I would recommend you take your stuff to sell elsewhere because frankly it looks as if you are only here to sell, not to contribute. Good day and good luck.

-JD-

i get the point he has more posts so he probably knows what hes doing better than i do right

No, he's not a smug smartass who flies off the handle at a simple suggestion. He is speaking to the common sense factor, obviously, common sense is something you lack. Its not a matter of correct or incorrect. The fact of the matter is you are here to take advantage of a large user base to sell your *USED* wares and will more than likely disapear like a fart in the wind after your stuff has been sold.

Be gone.... and get it over with.

-JD-

Pointless me posting really, as I'm not buying :lol: ...BUT...

Take a chill pill, Peter- Overread was just trying to be helpful & save some people time. It's all very well signing up to a forum to sell stuff, both sides win, but it's good to be courteous and polite along the way.. don't need to get so defensive :)

Would you consider $250 for the flash?

Peter S, you're an ass. I hope nobody wants to buy your flash as nobody likes to deal with an ass.

I paid $620 for a brand new 17-40mm L at a shop who matched B&H. Sorry bro, but your attitude probably lost you a few sales.....

-JD-

sold the 17-40mm
580ex is still for sale

and to the dude who posted bitching about my prices i really dont care get off my thread unless you want to buy what im selling

You got the 'attitude' dude and that's not well tolerated here. As a matter of fact, it is not tolerated. Back off, Overread was just trying to help you here.

Thank you.

Most reactions

Back