FS:Canon EF 70-300m F/4.0-5.6 IS USM

KmH said:
I don't, because there is usually a difference between asking price, and selling price.

Plus the seller can always lower the asking price if there is no response to the ad.

I think JonathanNYC was out of line by posting the comment in the tread, and agree with Rendil sending the OP a PM would have been more appropriate.

Starting with a high asking price is a time honored sales technique that then allows room for negotiating the selling price.

How is voicing my opinion about a bad deal any different than pointing out a good deal? They are both my opinion. Is it any different than giving my opinion (aka critique) on a posted picture. Is negative critique "out of line"? After all, it's just my opinion. Or better yet, how about negative comments (opinions) in threads that have nothing to do with the OP's question or comment. Are they "out of line"?
Sorry, but I dont understand you point. If JonathanNYC's comment and opinion rise to the level of "out of line", half of the members of this forum should be banned.

Last edited:
KmH said:
I don't, because there is usually a difference between asking price, and selling price.

Plus the seller can always lower the asking price if there is no response to the ad.

I think JonathanNYC was out of line by posting the comment in the tread, and agree with Rendil sending the OP a PM would have been more appropriate.

Starting with a high asking price is a time honored sales technique that then allows room for negotiating the selling price.

How is voicing my opinion about a bad deal any different than pointing out a good deal? They are both my opinion. Is it any different than giving my opinion (aka critique) on a posted picture. Is negative critique "out of line"? After all, it's just my opinion. Or better yet, how about negative comments (opinions) in threads that have nothing to do with the OP's question or comment. Are they "out of line"?
Sorry, but I dont understand you point. If JonathanNYC's comment and opinion rise to the level of "out of line", half of the members of this forum should be banned.

Sales and critiquing a photo are NOT the same thing. How would you like it if you were trying to sell a car and you had a deal made with the buyer and I just happen to walk up and say, " Hey, watcha paying for that? Really? I know a guy who has that same car for sale for $1000 cheaper!" Kind of a dick move huh? Generally the rule in sales is unless you're interested, making an offer or actually part of the deal you STFU and mind your own business. Just like it's tacky to ask people what they paid for things... Just have a little bit of common sense.

The buyer is responsible for doing their research before they purchase. The seller has the option not to sell or come down on the price. There is no forcing of anyone to do anything. The price I originally had for the lens was accurate at the time. So sue me for trying to get the most I could for it! Why should I have to give something away? It was $100-$150 less than a new one, seems like a fair deal to me. Not a smokin deal, but a fair one. I knew my bottom line, all someone had to do was make a fair offer, and they did!

I WOULDN'T like it, but that's life. If I was in the store and saw someone about to purchase an item and I knew they could buy the exact same item down the street for 20% less, I would tell them. Period. That would be a good and friendly thing to do. They may decide to purchase the item anyway at the higher price due to the convenience, maybe not. But they would be making an informed decision.
Lastly, my right to voice my opinion, whether it be on a picture or the price of an item, is exactly that.. My Right, My Opinion and I would not STFU.
But, you sold the lens, right? Free enterprise at work.

Most reactions

Back