Reaction score
Website
www.mgroberts.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Studio 1737, Intel Core 2 Duo T9550, 2.66GHz, 1066Mhz, 6M L2Cache
4GB, DDR2, 800MHz 2 Dimm
Back-lit Keyboard
Hi Resolution, glossy widescreen 17.0 inch WLED display (1440x900)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
250G 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor
RAID capable
Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium Edition 32bit, English
6X Slot Load Bluray (BD) ComboDrive (BD Read Only)
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced HD Software Edition
Intel 5100 Wireless-N (1x2) Half Mini-Card
Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam
56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Power Adapter

298 days remaining on standard warranty as of 6/10/09
$1,000 shipped to 48.
ships with blank HDD comes with all necessary CDs, original box and manuals.

studio1737_1.jpg

studio1737_2.jpg

studio1737_3.jpg

studio1737_4.jpg

ebay and best buy is cheaper, 699.98 at best buy!

actually with all the same specs this laptop is $1600 at best buy, you're only about a grand off ;)

I went to Dell and configured this computer out.

Why the 1/2 price off. for as new as it is, $800 for a $1700 computer makes me wonder.

Some comments I am seeing on the Studio Laptops is related to power issues. I need a system like this, but I got to wonder on a deal like this.

Why the 1/2 price off. for as new as it is, $800 for a $1700 computer makes me wonder.

Some comments I am seeing on the Studio Laptops is related to power issues. I need a system like this, but I got to wonder on a deal like this.

Just a guess, but probably because computers depreciate even faster than cars?? If I had a spare $800 laying around, this would be very tempting.

what type of power issues? i know this one i'm selling probably has about 3.5-4 hours worth of net surfing, but about 1.5-2 hours worth of photoshoping. the only think i skimped on was the battery going with the 6 cell instead of the 9 cell.

reason i'm selling it cheap is because used laptops are hard to get rid of. no matter how new or good condition they are. plus it's not standard design with the green stripes which i figured would make it harder to sell, and i'm shipping it without an OS installed. the disk is with it but most people would probably prefer to have it installed.

a few other reasons:
i want the sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 which is about $800 :D
my new laptop is already here
i refuse to sell on ebay or craigslist.

i used to sell my laptops on notebook review forum because i could always get about $200-$400 more on that forum than anywhere else. but they increased the number of posts you need to sell.

i don't do a lot of selling online but i do have some feedback on heatware and ebay

[ HEATWARE.com ]
eBay Feedback Profile for itznfb

according to Dell,

Issues where they will NOT shut down. Just go into a reboot loop.

Mom had one that would just shut off and reboot. And another she is working on with a similar issue. That's a desktop though and they are looking to replace the motherboard.

all of these issues are on Dell Studio or XPS systems. Seems to be more related to the newest and fastest Intel Duo Core 2 chips coming out.

Retired parents and they spent all their time fixing and re-configuring computers. You learn some interesting things.

hmm.... i have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and an Asus M50V that reboot like that. my Studio 15 and this Studio 17 have never done that, either has my XPS M1330. i don't think my girlfriends Studio 16 has ever done it either. the only thing i can think of is the Inspiron and M50v are running Vista 32 bit. the rest are either running Win7 64 bit or Vista 64 bit.

I will look into that.

Wonder if it's a 32 vs 64 bit issue.

can't believe no takers. i have this posted on multiple forums and other sites and not a single hit. i must have been the only one that like the green case :meh:

last price drop before i give it away to a family member
$700

I'd consider it, but I found out the specs on the software I need and the specs for the Video card to run it.

Seems like a well put together machine though.

Autodesk Civil 3D
Even with the Quadro FX770, the instructors are able to crash the computer. It really needs an FX1700 or better with 512MB of dedicated memory according to the IT department.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back