PatrickHMS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hmscoatings.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
FOR SALE OR TRADE

(added FT here after OP was originally listed since I cannot figure out how to get title changed, as I later decided to also offer these items for trade)

Okay, so, awhile back, I had some really nice Nikon film stuff I offered for sale on here to anyone who might want and appreciate them, but I was not sure of a fair value for some of the items, and I got criticized for not knowing what to price them at.

So I decided to try this again -

Here is a Nikon ED Series "AF Nikkor 80-200mm 1:2.8" Professional Series Zoom lens.

I understand this to be a popular, very clear, high quality, well-built lens, and an affordable alternative to a new one just like this ($1,224.00), or the AF-S version of this same lens that lists for $2,114.00.

So, here is a very nice one priced at half of the amount that a new lens would cost, and a third of what the AF-S version would cost.

Cosmetically, this lens looks very very nice for a used lens, works very well, just like it should. It has a H-U-G-E (77mm, approx. 3") front glass area, aperture range f/2.8 - f/22. It comes with a Nikon hard case, and a nice padded softcase with a drawstring closure, and a zippered area at the other end of the soft case for caps or filters. Also has Nikon front and rear lens caps.

Push-Pull Zoom, a switch for "A" or "M" modes, with a multi-position focus limit control ring. The controls on this lens are all in excellent condition, with no breaks or cracks in any of the rings or other surfaces on the exterior of the lens.

So the exterior of the lens is clean and in very very nice condition.

To be totally honest, there are some very small teeny-tiny specks of dust inside the lens, but not anywhere near enough to affect photo quality. I thought about having a repair place clean it up, but then I would have to charge that much more for it when I sold it. This is nowhere close to being what I would consider to be a deal killer. I see what I mention when I hold the lens up pointed directly at the Sun, but do not see it when I hold it up to a table lamp inside. I only mention it for the sake of total honesty.

Just like it is, I would still rate this lens as an "8" or better out of a possible "10".

If that cleanup were done, this would be a near perfect lens, as it already functions flawlessly.

Also looks like it has some kind of Macro capability.

I recently had a Sigma 70-210mm f/2.8 APO lens. THIS is a MUCH NICER, better built lens...

One of the best built lenses I have ever seen.

Please contact me if you might be interested, or if you want for me to send you photos. This is defenitely a very nice lens.

All of these items, the lens listed above, the stuff mentioned below, are all currently listed on Atlanta Craigslist. Just so a search for "Nikon Tucker", and all of the words "Tucker - " that end with a dash are my listings.

The 80-200mm lens above is offered for sale or trade ($595.00). When I ship, I will also
include USPS Priority Mail, Insurance, and Delivery Confirmation.

Also might sell or trade some other Nikon film stuff if this one works out well -

Like,

**GONE** Nikon FM2 N black and silver (Titanium shutter) works properly - Body only

**GONE** Nikon N90S (back door is near perfect, no wear at all) maybe the best film camera I have ever owned - Body Only

**GONE** Nikkormat FT2 (NICE exterior metal (NO marks or scratches on metal, with perfect leatherette), missing eyepiece to viewfinder, with a molded Leather Nikkormat case - Body Only

**GONE** Nikon N6006 average used condition, works just fine - Body Only

**GONE** Nikon N8008 average used condition, works just fine - Body Only

**GONE** Nikon F-401 (N4004), shutter speed control on the top "slips" just a little when you turn it - otherwise, works - Body Only

**GONE** Nippon Kogaku Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.4 (non-Ai (coupling, with no holes in tabs)), this lens is probably an 8 on a scale of 10. My guess dates to early-to-mid 1960's. "Passed" sticker still on the lens.

ALSO - added an off-camera flash setup, with a Quantum Battery 1, in a post later in this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Also open to trades of the items in the OP, whatever I may have that you want, for equivalent value of whatever you may have to offer, some combination of items like (differences in value can be made up for with cash) ~

Camera Bodies ~ D80 / D200 only

Lenses ~ 18-200mm VR lens, 18-55mm (WITH VR, I have a non-VR but I want to upgrade), 70-300mm, maybe others, so I am open to suggestion (not at all interested in 18-135mm or 24-120mm)

Flash - Nikon compatible SB-24 (or better), or SB-400/SB-600

Tamrac camera bag 610/612/613/614 (my trusty old blue 608 is slap full).

Just thought that I would throw this out to see what interest there could be out there...

Last edited:

PM received, looks like the Nikon FM2N, the Nikkormat Ft2, and the 50mm 1.4 may be gone. Have updated original list to reflect items that are "gone".

Among other items, I still have the Nikkor AF 80-200mm f/2.8 available to trade...

...and if you have an AF 50mm you would like to trade to me for something I have ???

Too bad I cannot edit the heading of the OP to read FS / FT...

When I can find them sometime this week, will also have a Nikkor AF-D 28-70mm f/3.5 lens,

and a Nikkor AF-D 28-200mm f/3.5 lens.

Last edited:
Kegger, you are a man of your word. I will state here, publicly, that I will vouch for you anytime, anywhere... And buy you a cold one next time you get to Atlanta.

Am also tweaking the list of items I would trade anything in this thread towards, with cash making up for any difference in value either way.

Still looking for D80 or D200 body only, hopefully with stufff that comes with it.

Most preferred lenses -

Nikon AF-S 18-55mm WITH VR (I have a non VR, want one with VR)

Nikon AF-S DX 18-70mm

Nikon AF-S DX VR 18-200mm (have one, would still take one more)

Nikon AF 50mm

Nikon Strobes...

Tamrac 612 / 613 / 614 camera bag.

The Nikon AF 80-200mm 2.8 lens mentioned above in OP really is a nice lens for someone who wants one, especially in trade w/o paying so much cash for one...

ALSO have an off-camera 2 flash setup, with one Quantum 1 Battery pack (with charger), TWO working leads for Vivitar 283/285, BOTH synch cords to a Vivitar flash, and two Vivitar 283 Thyristor flash heads. One of the Vivitar battery covers has already been filed (a slot) to shut over the power module when it is in the flash. Also have the normal "AA" battery holders that go in the Vivitar 283 flash heads.

With two diffuser "bags", one fits right over a Vivitar 283, attaches to it with Velcro,

and the other is a "frame" (like an unbrella), with a mount and bracket to hold the Vivitar 283 in the frame in the diffuser, and mount to a tripod.

Also has a cord to trigger the shutter on the camera.

Everything works, definitely willing to trade this for something on my list...

I know that I cannot do it myself, but is there ANY way to edit the title in the OP in this thread to read "FS/FT=" instead of the current "FS=" so that people also know that there is stuff for trade as well as for sale?

If there is, THANKS!

Just wondering...

Excellent guy to work with, extremely trustworthy. Got my FM2n, FT2, and 50 1.4 today. Exactly as described, if not better. Also threw in some film and a film changing bag.

Patrick has my vouch for anything from now on. Buy or trade from him and guaranteed to get exactly what you need.

In addition to offering it for sale, would also
trade my Nikkor ED AF 80-200mm f/2.8 listed earlier in this thread for a Nikon AF-S 18-200mm VR (preferably EDII) lens, if anyone is interested in doing that rather than an outright purchase.

Last edited:
Everything listed is gone but for the original item (Nikkor AF ED 80-200mm f/2.8) and the flash stuff that was added in post #7.

Hard to believe that on a forum like this, there isn't enough interest from someone wanting to buy (or trade for) such a nice lens, when new ones cost so much...

Sold everything but the off-camera flash setup with Quanyum Battery1 power pack

Did one trade on this forum, everything else sold on my local Craigslist.

Will relist the flash stuff that I didn't sell, and some more stuff later, try again.

Patrick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back