itznfb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mgroberts.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
300_7932.jpg

Excellent condition. Asking $350 shipped to anywhere in the continental US.

I don't have the original box but do have the manual.

Do you have a shot of the serial number so we can see if this is US or grey market?

Last edited:
Do you work for Nikon?

Um, no I was interested. I'm going to be getting one of these with the 70-200 VRII soon and I just wanted to check if it was a US model since the grey market ones are only $369 new. I'll just wait and order one with the lens, thanks anyways.

Just asking because a Nikon employee would be the only person that would have any hope of tracing a serial number back it's export origin.

Just asking because a Nikon employee would be the only person that would have any hope of tracing a serial number back it's export origin.

I could tell by looking at a picture of it, hence why I asked. Or you can e-mail it to Nikon who usually respond via e-mail within a few hours.

That tells you nothing about import/export origins...

Good find, although that is a pretty technical way to dissect it. I'd only want to see if it was a US model which can be done with a simple pic showing the # printed on the TC itself, or on the box.

Yea? I'd love to hear your secret because you're the only person I've ever heard say that.

Good find, although that is a pretty technical way to dissect it. I'd only want to see if it was a US model which can be done with a simple pic showing the # printed on the TC itself, or on the box.

Yea? I'd love to hear your secret because you're the only person I've ever heard say that.

So then post up a picture of the # on the TC or the "missing" box. :er: My initial inquiry only needed one question answered: whether this item was a US model and worth the price, or if it was an imported model in which case I would have been getting ripped off.

Your defensive attitude and reluctance to answer such rudimentary questions about the item so buyers are aware of what they are getting already made a quick decision for me. I have never purchased used equipment before, so I actually thank you for reminding me why.

So then post up a picture of the # on the TC or the "missing" box. :er: My initial inquiry only needed one question answered: whether this item was a US model and worth the price, or if it was an imported model in which case I would have been getting ripped off.

Your defensive attitude and reluctance to answer such rudimentary questions about the item so buyers are aware of what they are getting already made a quick decision for me. I have never purchased used equipment before, so I actually thank you for reminding me why.

Your question was for a picture of a serial number in which you claim to be able to get information that are not actually able to get... the serial number means absolutely nothing to you. I want an explanation of how you are the one person that is able to translate a serial number into a export origin. Once you provide that information I'll post the picture.

My attitude isn't defensive... it's calling you out on your BS.

The teleconverter I'm selling was purchased at Ritz over 5 years ago.... so the warranty is expired. You do realize the only difference between gray market and retail market is the warranty right?

Ha! Busted! I've found more and more scammers on the web this year. I've bought and sold photo gear on the web for a few years now, and the serial number is a very standard way to document reputable items. Run like hell from this listing. This person's reluctance to disclose the serial number should tip you off.

You do realize the only difference between gray market and retail market is the warranty right?
There is also the difference that Nikon USA will not service any of their gear that does not have a US serial #.

Your question was for a picture of a serial number in which you claim to be able to get information that are not actually able to get... the serial number means absolutely nothing to you. I want an explanation of how you are the one person that is able to translate a serial number into a export origin. Once you provide that information I'll post the picture.

My attitude isn't defensive... it's calling you out on your BS.

The teleconverter I'm selling was purchased at Ritz over 5 years ago.... so the warranty is expired. You do realize the only difference between gray market and retail market is the warranty right?

They still will not touch it for repairs if it is grey market. My concern is more about getting ripped off since $350 is basically what an imported 1.7x TC costs brand new. Why would anyone pay full retail price for a 5 year old teleconverter (which you conveniently failed to mention in your post)?

Just because you are ignorant of the method that makes it nonexistent?

Perhaps this would sell better on eBay or Craigslist. They are easier to scam on. (Unless of course you can show visual proof that you are still in possession of the item and can take a picture of the serial number which is printed on the teleconverter).

Based on your defensiveness and apparent fear of being exposed, it seems like a safe bet would be to say this is a grey market item. Otherwise you would have just posted a pic as requested and not try to convince us that a grey market item is identical to a US item.

Otherwise you would have just posted a pic as requested and not try to convince us that a grey market item is

I'm afraid I have to agree....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back