FS Pentax LX film setup

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by selmerdave, Jan 3, 2009.

1. selmerdave

selmerdave TPF Noob!

I am selling:

Pentax LX w/winder - well-used, working fine, decent cosmetics but clearly well-used. Hotshoe flash contact is sometimes intermittent, and the camera could use a CLA but no major issues.

Pentax MZ-5 (Japanese version of ZX-5) - excellent condition cosmetically and functionally.

Pentax 360FGZ - one of the best Pentax flashes, powerful and fully-featured. Does TTL with both bodies, MZ-5 can make use of some of the other features. Flash is in near-mint condition, includes vinyl case and hotshoe attachment for tripod-mounting (allows use of it wirelessly mounted on a tripod, triggered by MZ-5 pop-up flash).

SMC Pentax (aka "K") 28/3.5 - one of the best ever 28mm lenses. Glass is very clean, no fungus no oil (as are all other lenses here). w/original hood and case for hood (very rare), and caps.

SMC Pentax (aka "K") 135/3.5 - outstanding medium telephoto. Condition is pretty close to mint. w/original hood and 55mm front cap (fits with the hood reversed) and rear cap. Filter size is 52mm like all the other lenses for sale here. These "K" series lenses are quite rare and many consider them to be the best Pentax made.

SMC Pentax-M 200/4 - super sharp telephoto, very near mint condition. I could probably call it mint really, the extremely strict grader might call it a M-. It basically looks new inside and out, I see no signs of use (although I have used it). Front and rear caps, 52mm filter size.

Pentax Takumar 135/2.5 - if you want it. This lens gets dogged, I find it fine though not nearly as nice as the "K" above. This is essentially free, if someone wanted to save on shipping I'll leave it out and chuck it.

SMC Pentax F 35-80mm f4-5.6 - also if you want it. This is the auto-focus kit lens that came with the MZ-5. Not worth much but if you want to have an AF lens for the MZ-5 perhaps you'll want it. Same as above, if you want to save on shipping let me know.

A couple of other odds, electronic cable release for MZ-5 and possibly some other things when I look at what is there.

I'm looking for now to sell as a package, it would make a great setup of high-end film stuff (and some of the most desireable Pentax stuff) that is pretty much complete. It only lacks a 50mm. I need to downsize some of my equipment stockpile, so I'm settling on my Nikon kit rather than keeping both.

$650 for everything, $500 without the flash.

Will add pictures shortly.

Dave

2. selmerdave

selmerdave TPF Noob!

As requested:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies about the image quality, my digital is a lousy P&S (POS?). I will be happy to take photo requests of whatever you want to see, although my digital does not have macro capability. I will also be happy to take phone calls 718-496-2514 or if you're near Brooklyn and want to stop by you're welcome.

Some additional notes - The finder on the LX is quite scratched on the top, which you can kind of see in the photo, probably the worst part cosmetically for the camera. The glass on the finder is 100% clean. The bottom plate is near mint, the previous owner used it with the winder exclusively. I've used it mostly without, but I don't think I've scratched it at all.

The two K lenses and the M are all really close to mint cosmetically and optically. The 28mm has a small rattle inside if you shake it, sounds like a bearing came out of the race. This has never affected performance (been like that since I got it) and I doubt it's much of a repair to deal with. All lenses have caps, and I think I have body caps for each of the bodies as well. I forgot to show the bag for the flash, it's nothing special. Now realizing I forgot to show the Takumar 135/2.5, I'll try to add that but the short of it is the glass is 100% and the exterior shows a medium amount of use (I'm considering it free anyway).

Price is negotiable but I know what this stuff is and it's current value, and I'm not looking to give it away.

Dave