Fuji Finepix S3 Pro. Any good?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Idaho21, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Idaho21

Idaho21 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well, I have been looking at some cameras on Ebay, particularly dSLR. I came across this camera, and read a few articles describing the features it has. They stated that it uses a Nikon lens attachment, which is a plus in my book.

Any of you out there using one? If so, how do you like it? I see them sold on online stores for $2200-$2395. Ebay has a few very nice used ones for approx. $500.

2. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These are excellent cameras, only problem is the buffer size, this means that if you are thinking of joining some of the machine gun operators present on a lot of these fora then you'll find the write speed too slow, however, if you are thinking about a shot beforehand this poses no problems. Image Quality is excellent and as you say all nikon lens, flash etc work with this camera. Online stores here and some dealers offer the improved S5 pro for around $750 body only brand new over here, look up warehouse express. Watch what you buy on fleebay though, an s3 could have been in a pro's hands for several years by now, 2003 model I think, and could be nearing the end of its days. H

3. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The S3 is an excellent, albeit outdated camera by todays standards, for $500 though, it's alot better then a D40 if there's no real need for speed.

It's a slow camera, made for the studio. One thing great about the S3 though is it's highlight latitude, it's flat-out outrageous and the D3/700 are the only SLR's that even come slightly close.