Fuji Glass alternatives?

Ocelot105

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I have a Fuji X-E1, which I love, and I'm looking for a new wide-angle zoom to help with travel photography.

I currently have a 58mm Fujinon lens which is out of this world, but doesn't zoom, and the kit lens which produces grainy results. I do require some zoom, but the focal length need not be overly ridiculous.

I'm in NYC this weekend and plan on raiding B&H, and while I love Fuji glass I can't help but think there are other alternatives out there that won't break the bank quite as much.

Suggestions? Fire away!

you can get adapters to work on a TON of other lens mounts.
if your OK with manual focus you can pick up tons of older lenses on the cheap.
I have adapters for my fuji x-e2 for nikon, canon, Konica minolta, M42...
theres tons more too. the possibilities are endless.

Thanks pixmedic! I'm a little new to the world of adapters, so could you please explain a bit more, or provide a link or two?

I currently have a 58mm Fujinon lens which is out of this world, but doesn't zoom, and the kit lens which produces grainy results.

This is puzzling. Grainy is not a characteristic of lenses. I also have the Fuji 18-55mm and I don't see anything so unusual.

Joe

which kit lens do you have?
i have the 18-55 f/2.8-4 OIS and its a fantastic lens.

No lens is grainy.

Digital sensors get grainy if they are run on high ISOs.

"Noise" is what I meant when I wrote down "Grainy". I also know about the graininess associated with high ISO's.

The 18-55mm is my kit lens, and while it is great for everyday functioning, the sharpness and colour quality pales in comparison to my 14mm 2.8, which is unfortunately of fixed length. I travel often and while the 18-55mm offers the zoom the I need, the quality of my photos is way, way better when I am in the situations to use the 14mm.

Hence my coming here.

I find the 18-55 f2.8-4 a relatively high quality lens that produces excellent photos, but if you want to get better than that in a zoom your going to have to fork over $1k or so for the 50-140 f2.8 OIS or the 16-55 f2.8 lens.

To go cheaper with the faster lenses you will be stuck with primes.

Most reactions

Back