Fuji Gw690II ???

samuk4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, 1st visit to your forum.
My son was given a camera that uses film I'm not familiar with. We have no idea if the camera works but need to find the right film so we can try it. we are not camera buffs I own a point and shoot digital and thats it. The camera is a Fuji 6X9 the film listed on the top is 16 exp 220, 8 exp 120 and 4 exp 120. Any suggestions on where I can find the film or even if its worth trying to find it.
Thanks for any help.

The Fuji GW690III is a brilliant camera with a very very good lens. Definitely worth shooting with it. You'll be amazed by the amount of details you can record on those big negatives/slides (6x9cm). As for film, have a look at Freestylephoto they offer a wide range of 120 and 220 films both in colour and black and white.

I am a bit jealous; I wish somebody gave me such a desirable camera.;)

Edit: also, welcome to TPF.

Kodak Ektar
Here.. kodak ektar - Adorama.com

or here.. CALUMET

B&H is out.

Set the ISO to 64 even if the box says 100. Unless you are shooting in bright sun with no appreciable shadows. Do not change ISO settings in the middle of a roll, by the way. ;) If you only want one roll, check for a camera store in your area that carries it. It may be more expensive but you don't have to pay shipping and can have it that day.

BTW If HE doesn't want it, I'll be glad to give it a home!!!

mike

Last edited:
Hello, 1st visit to your forum.
My son was given a camera that uses film I'm not familiar with. We have no idea if the camera works but need to find the right film so we can try it. we are not camera buffs I own a point and shoot digital and thats it. The camera is a Fuji 6X9 the film listed on the top is 16 exp 220, 8 exp 120 and 4 exp 120. Any suggestions on where I can find the film or even if its worth trying to find it.
Thanks for any help.

120 film is readily available at most professional camera shops. 220 is a bit harder to find. It's a great camera.

Most reactions

Back