Fuji S9000 vs. Sony DSC-V3 vs. Canon Powershot S2 1S

Greenman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am thinking of one of the 3 following cameras for my next purchase. Does anyone have one of the three that is willing to give me an honest review? Or other sugestions for cameras in the same price range?

Thanks very much

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already, you can do a side by side comparison at www.dpreview.com

As for a suggesiton...think about expanding your budget to include the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the Nikon D50. They are digital SLR cameras and are much, much better than any of the cameras you have listed.

If you compare a DSLR to the cameras you're looking at...one of the key things to note is the sensor size. The DSLRs have a much bigger sensor, not to mention a real shutter which means that when you press the button, the camera snaps the photo. There are plenty of other benefits to a DSLR...try a search on the topic.

I don't mean to suggest that you have to spend a lot more money. Those other cameras may be OK for you. But for less than twice as much money, you can get 10 times the camera.

Dern it! LOL Thats what everyone says.

I worry a bit about dust and stuff, and I am no pro or even semi capible amature. What my main want in a camera is absolutly outstanding close up capabilities with a sometimes moving subject.

I guess it's time to look into DSLR's.

Thanks

Well actually, right out of the box, most digi-cams are very good at close-ups (what they call Macro).

A DSLR will probably require a special lens or some other accessory to get that kind of close up. But with a true Macro lens on a DSLR, it will be much, much better than the macro mode on a digi-cam.

On the other hand, for moving subjects...digicams usually suck. It's because the shutter lag is so long, it's hard to snap it at that perfect moment.

That lag is why I want to get a new camera, so I guess if I am going to fine the right camera for my needs I best look into DSLRs.

Thanks for your help.

Greenman said:
I am thinking of one of the 3 following cameras for my next purchase. Does anyone have one of the three that is willing to give me an honest review? Or other sugestions for cameras in the same price range?

Thanks very much

I have a Canon Powershop S2 IS. I recently bought it, and I used to use a Canon A75. The S2 IS is a great camera if you aren't a pro photography but want to learn to take good pictures. I love it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back