FUJI USERS .RAF Help

brian_f2.8

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't import a .RAF file to Aperture. I have all the updates. What software is everyone using. I have a MBP with 10.9.1

I seem to recall having .RAF problems with some software, but I can't remember what it was. Anything that used DCRaw opened them without issue.

Adobe's free DNG converter can import the RAFs up and quickly convert them to .DNG's.

Ah totally forgot about that program, thank you D. I've been so use to Aperture and Photomechanic.

Hey Apple n Fuji make nice real quick!

Aperture provides partial support for the X-Trans RAF files. The X-Pro and X-E1 are supported and Aperture's demosaicing of the X-Trans raws from those cameras is good. So it's fair to assume Apple will get around to supporting the X-E2 and X-T1 in their standard "always last and late" fashion.

If you're on a MAC download the trial of Iridient Developer to process RAF files. Another good option is PhotoNinja which does a stellar job with the X-Trans sensor.

Adobe's demosaicing of the X-Trans sensor is weak; ACR/LR have problems with it. Unfortunately the same will be true of Adobe's DNG converter so, although that option will work, you won't necessarily see the best the X-Trans sensor can produce. Adobe has made some corrections to their demosaicing of the X-Trans sensor and the expectation is they'll eventually get around to cleaning it up. In the meantime they just posted a release candidate for ACR/LR (8.4) which still has trouble.

To see the best the Fuji can offer use Iridient or PhotoNinja.

Joe

Well kinda upset that I spent all this money and I have to convert the images. There are some new leaks on the new Nikon 1 going around. #everythingismirrorless

Aperture provides partial support for the X-Trans RAF files. The X-Pro and X-E1 are supported and Aperture's demosaicing of the X-Trans raws from those cameras is good. So it's fair to assume Apple will get around to supporting the X-E2 and X-T1 in their standard "always last and late" fashion.

If you're on a MAC download the trial of Iridient Developer to process RAF files. Another good option is PhotoNinja which does a stellar job with the X-Trans sensor.

Adobe's demosaicing of the X-Trans sensor is weak; ACR/LR have problems with it. Unfortunately the same will be true of Adobe's DNG converter so, although that option will work, you won't necessarily see the best the X-Trans sensor can produce. Adobe has made some corrections to their demosaicing of the X-Trans sensor and the expectation is they'll eventually get around to cleaning it up. In the meantime they just posted a release candidate for ACR/LR (8.4) which still has trouble.

To see the best the Fuji can offer use Iridient or PhotoNinja.

Joe

Thanks Ill have to try that. To be honest, Im not familiar with either of those.

Most reactions

Back