Fuji X-T1 IR (actually UV-VIS-IR)

I am thinking of converting my X100S into IR or UV. Anybody know if this is a good idea or not?

If you are wanting to do proper UV then the x100s might not be ideal. But if you want to use the B+W 403 UV filter then it might be ok (you would need to do a Full Spectrum conversion). I haven't read a lot about full spectrum X100/s/t cameras, just Infrared conversions.

On a non converted X100/s/t, the lens suffers from hotspots (more pronounced with deep infrared filters with numbers over 800nm).

There was one person who got his X100s converted by Kolari Vision with their new AR coated filters (to help reduce/eliminate hotspots) to 830nm I think, I can't remember the link offhand.

I was trying to decide to convert my x100s or x-t10 to full spectrum, and ended up choosing the x-t10 due to more flexibility with lenses (some lenses are good for IR and some are good for UV, however UV filters are expensive and UV lenses are as well).

The X100s can take some decent IR photos as is, by using a Hoya r72 filter, even hand held. But no where near as good as a fully converted camera.
Thank you, most informative ... and you just joined today. Welcome to the forum. I will contact Kolari Vision and again thank you.
Nope, I gave it to a friend.

Hi! Wondering if you got your X100S converted and if so who did you choose and what filter did you get.
I recently got an X100F and will be converting it later and was hoping to find more people with converted cameras.

Tested the following lens, not suitable for IR unfortunately.

Carl Zeiss Planar 2/50 ZM T*
Carl Zeiss Planar 2/50 ZM T* IR & UV Hotspot Test

I got my Fuji 100F converted to Full Spectrum, I’ll post a link once I’ve had a chance to test it with all the filters I currently have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back