yellowjeep

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nickginther.imagekind.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wow. :thumbup:

My a100 is in the shop and my sisters' prom was last Saturday. I figured it was a great time to try some slide film. I was amazed at the IQ and the color reproduction. My only grip was it was $10 a roll and $10 get it processed. Are there any online options to cut that cost down?

I aslo just ordered an Epson 4490*, I can't wait to share some of the results.

*Just a note. If anybody is looking for a good deal on a scanner, Buy.com has the 4490 for $137 with free shipping + another $10 off if you are new to Google checkout.
Thats almost $25 off of Epson's online store.

I always scout out the local photo shop for clearance/expired film, which is a lot cheaper. Also, $10 for processing seems out of line. My local lab has to send it two hours away for processing and it comes back, nicely done and mounted, in a week, for $6.50.

Really, 6.50...

I was feeling kinda ripped off by my camera shop. But the lab is only 4 blocks away (I really had no idea). My camera shop doesn't charge anything thing to "send them out" but the lab itself charges 10 bucks. How lame. :thumbdown:

Sam's Club will do 36exp for 4.50 but it takes two weeks. But maybe that is the way to do it.

Reguarding film. These 2 rolls are actually the only ones that I've had that are were not expired when I got them. I watched an auction for 100 rolls of Konicachrome of somesort go for $140 a few weeks back. I was bummed.

Well, maybe the $6.50 I get charged from Dotson's is below average. Maybe the girl at the local shop just thinks I'm cute and gives me a special price. :lol:

Sam's Club might be a viable option. I'm not sure where they send it to, though; however for less than half the price I'd be willing to wait longer.

I also buy a crapload of film from Ebay. You can find some good deals if you search.

*Just a note. If anybody is looking for a good deal on a scanner, Buy.com has the 4490 for $137 with free shipping + another $10 off if you are new to Google checkout.
Thats almost $25 off of Epson's online store.

You could also order a refurbished one from Epson for $109.:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63060806

I just received mine and it works great. I have a small scratch on the plastic casing, but I would otherwise think it was brand new.

Too late to cancel?

At least yours is brand new!

these days, with cheap processing you can get unpleasant surprises, such as badly cut film, bad framing and all ... I once had some nice shots ruined that way.

Yeah, I had a couple of bad bouts with Wally World. "No, the scratch isn't on the next roll. When was the last time you had the machine serviced/cleaned?" And that was with a wedding. Never again.

:lol:I was just joking about the rain thing. Yeah I don't mind the 20 dollar difference. It will be here tomorrow:thumbup:

Yeah, not if it's arriving tomorrow! You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. Make sure to post some scans!

Yeah, I had a couple of bad bouts with Wally World. "No, the scratch isn't on the next roll. When was the last time you had the machine serviced/cleaned?" And that was with a wedding. Never again.

Hmmm, I talked to the girl that works at the photo center at Sam's today. She told me that they send off film to a lab in Denver, anybody know what lab?

Give me a few and I will post some scans:)

flickr uploader is soooooooo slow

Wow! I haven't scanned any slides with my 4490, mostly because slide film's more expensive and I won't be able to get the $2.95 develop only price that I currently do with negative film at the local drug store, but your scans really make me want to try some.

You can get film and pre paid mailers from B&H.

On a side note, that Sensia film is real contrasty. Too contrasty for those pretty sisters of yours, if you don't mind my saying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back