Fujifilm XE2 versus XT1

The X-T1 has a lot more features than just weatherproofiing over the X-E1 ... it has faster autofocus, more direct access buttons, better EVF etcetcetc

However, image quality is 1:1 the same. And both cameras have 1:1 the same IQ as the much cheaper X-M1 and if at all, only slightly better than the X-A1.

For a built in flash it works better than the built in flash on my D600.
Definitely not for me, because I can use my D600's builtin flash to control my actual flash.

And about tilting, only being able to tilt up is better than nothing, sure, but quite often its pointless, even more so with a weak buildin flash.

Never mind the fact the X-M1 lacks a view finder--a huge disadvantage in any MILC. Might as well buy the new X30.

I have both. For what I shoot and how I shoot, the XT1 easily better the E2. But, the E2 is a very nice little camera. I shot a play going long on the XT1 and wide on the E2 and I was surprised that the E2 kept up with the XT1. (As opposed to the XP1 which is just a slow camera and a dog in low light situations.)

A feature of the XT1 which I find useful is the grip. Doubles the battery life and makes life easy when going vertical.

Went for a short walk today, nothing interesting, so succumbed to shooting a street band and an artist in order to not come back home empty handed :chargrined:. I know, shame on me... But I am so busy these days it is a rare occasion when I can go out and shoot. One image was shot with Ricoh GR, the other with X-T1. The light was bad and weak, awful really, so the IQ is not really representative. As for the cameras, X-T1 is well worth spending an extra $300 for it's EVF and better grip imho. When it starts getting dark, you look into the X-T1 EVF and start laughing. Just amazing after an optical VF. But I still think that Ricoh, that has no VF at all, is the king of street shooting. Such an exiting little camera.

DblBass.w.jpg

Painter.w.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful images again, Gary. What lense did you use for the fiddler image?

I shouldn't read threads like this. I just caught myself checking out XT1 prices.

I shouldn't read threads like this. I just caught myself checking out XT1 prices.
If you're shooting a dSLR now ... there is a learning curve going from a dSLR to mirrorless. The XT1 is a different camera, not different good or different bad ... just different.

Gary

another XT1 w/ 55-200 @ 200mm

_GA11062.jpg

If you're shooting a dSLR now ... there is a learning curve going from a dSLR to mirrorless. The XT1 is a different camera, not different good or different bad ... just different.

Gary

Actually I love my Pentax DSLRs, but also have two K-01s and a Q, so I'm familiar with mirrorless. I keep waiting for a Pentax K-mount EVF, but I'm beginning to think that will be forever. The XT1 looks to have the best EVF ever put on a camera, so it naturally piques my interest.

Gary

Actually I love my Pentax DSLRs, but also have two K-01s and a Q, so I'm familiar with mirrorless. I keep waiting for a Pentax K-mount EVF, but I'm beginning to think that will be forever. The XT1 looks to have the best EVF ever put on a camera, so it naturally piques my interest.
The old EVF's of the XP1 generation were pretty much dogs. The work okay for static photography but shooting non-stationary subjects in low light ... man did the EVF start howling. The XT1 is a significant improvement over the first generation. I also have the EM5 and EM1 ... In my opinion the Fuji XT1 EVF beats the Oly's as well. I shoot a lot of action stuff and at 8FPS the XT1 EVF just can't refresh quickly enough to keep up. So you're shooting blind half the time. Other than that, the EVF is quite seamless. Seeing not only what, but also how the sensor is seeing the light is a very useful tool. The EVF can almost render the light meter to a secondary function. If you were out here in God's country I'd let you play with my Fuji's.

Most reactions

Back