Full Frame DSLR with a flip out screen

7 pages and no one mentions the Nikon D750? It has a flip out screen but for me it's fairly useless.

7 pages and no one mentions the Nikon D750? It has a flip out screen but for me it's fairly useless.
the thread is 4 years old from Sept 2012.
The D750 wasn't around back then (released in Sept 2014), neither was the DX D500.

I heard a rumor that Canon will be releasing the 6D mkII with a flip out screen.

Welcome to the forum Joshua, you've managed to pick a very old thread to reply to, but I expect we've all done that when first joining a forum & scanning through the archives. :)

I can't believe this thread I started back in 2012 is still around. I'm getting delivery of a D750 w 24-120 tomorrow. Problem solved. :) :)

I can't believe this thread I started back in 2012 is still around. I'm getting delivery of a D750 w 24-120 tomorrow. Problem solved. :) :)
You will LOVE it!!! :)
Congrats

I agree! But, I think he meant fully articulating, the Nikon D750's screen only flips up slightly. I think a game changer for Canon or Nikon would be a 80D or D5500 esque, DSLR with a full frame sensor........... and 4k :)

I agree! But, I think he meant fully articulating, the Nikon D750's screen only flips up slightly. I think a game changer for Canon or Nikon would be a 80D or D5500 esque, DSLR with a full frame sensor........... and 4k :)
As said before this is a 4 years old thread, no need to get to serious here, let it sink back down to sleep

Actually I'm pretty OK with the articulation of the D750 as it allows for waist level monitoring during video and still photography.

the d750 screen flips fully UP or DOWN ...
I was just using it for and event and some above shots shooting over crowds with the screen flipped down.
works great.

But for the D5500 (and P7x00) and doing selfies .. that's another matter altogether.

the d750 screen flips fully UP or DOWN ...
I was just using it for and event and some above shots shooting over crowds with the screen flipped down.
works great.

But for the D5500 (and P7x00) and doing selfies .. that's another matter altogether.
As the OP I wanted a screen that would let me do low angle photos and the D750 does that. As for selfies, I use my cell phone.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and it works better than I expected. The D750 focuses pretty well in live view and with the flip out screen I can shoot from a low angle with ease. This shot of my grand daughter at ISO 7200, 38mm and f/4
Bella watching Micky.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back