Full Frame Nikon to Sony E Mount Adapter Recommendations?

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.livegigshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have the Fotodiox Pro Nik (G) -NEX D Click adapter. It is not as efficient as I was told. I tried it in a Nikon 24MM prime and it was pretty good. The real disappointment came with my Nikon 7-200mm 1:2.8GII. I called B&H and they could not recommend a full frame adapter that is better than the Fotodiox. Metabones has a one that has some lens funtionality for $479, but not full frame.

Than k you in advance-

I have the Fotodiox Pro Nik (G) -NEX D Click adapter. It is not as efficient as I was told.

???

How exactly is it not efficient?

There's a Metabones adapter that is a speed booster, it's designed to take the image projection of a FX lens and fit it within a APS-C sensor. It does not retain any "lens functionality".

Otherwise, there's no difference between the $100 one and the Fotodiox except costing twice as much.

Is your Sony even FF? Do you have an A7?

If you want to retain AF and lens data of your Nikon lens, you need to empty your wallet.

Last edited:
I have the Fotodiox Pro Nik (G) -NEX D Click adapter. It is not as efficient as I was told.

???

How exactly is it not efficient?

There's a Metabones adapter that is a speed booster, it's designed to take the image projection of a FX lens and fit it within a APS-C sensor. It does not retain any "lens functionality".

Otherwise, there's no difference between the $100 one and the Fotodiox except costing twice as much.

Is your Sony even FF? Do you have an A7?

If you want to retain AF and lens data of your Nikon lens, you need to empty your wallet.

My Sony A7 is FF. We cannot get the auto adapter via camera outlets, only ebay. Verdict is out as it has not shipped. (Name escapes me.) Metabones does not make FF. I am looking more via Brian Smith who covers all the adapters. The Fotodiox is personal preference based on a long lens. The functionality is not as good as on a 24mm prime for example. This is my opinion. It will do for now. I have my eye on Sony's new 2.8 80 x 200. It will be a while. My Sony 85mm is a few months late...LOL

Most reactions

Back