Full-frame or Half-frame? Why not both?

Got my Auto-Reflex in the mail yesterday. I had to work, but my girlfriend ran a roll of film through it and I'm gonna get it developed today.

It's a beautiful machine and I'm still learning it. I'm not used to a SLR without split-image focusing. That's going to take some getting used to after so long, but I'll get used to it after a while. I see myself using this camera a lot.

I'll get pics of it soon enough. I really need to get some shots of all my cameras posted up.

Anyways, I'll keep you all posted as far as how my new toy is working out.

Huh? Mine has split image focusing.

I checked your profile. You have a different camera than I do.

Me:Konica Auto-reflex

Mat screen with central microprism spot and framing lines for half size 24 x 18 mm

You: Konica Autoreflex TC

Magnification: 0.91x (with 50mm lens at ∞)
Viewfinder shows 90% of actual image area
Mat screen with central split-image focussing and microprism collar

That's just the differences in the viewfinder. They're VERY different cameras. Size, weight, features, etc.

You can go to www.buhla.de - Konica start page and learn all about Konica SLRs.

You never said which you had, I knew they were different but idk if yours was the TC, the T, T2, or what. [:
And yeah, I been known that site. Butkus (lol that name..) is a good one too, if not the same one. idk.

You never said which you had
Anyways, a camera I've been obsessing over recently is the Konica Auto-Reflex.

I finally decided to break down and snatch one up when it turned up on ebay.

Even if you don't own one, feel free to chime in and discuss the Konica Auto-Reflex. This doesn't include the full frame Autoreflex (without the hypen).
I said. That's the one I have. The Auto-Reflex. That's the model. It doesn't have 'A' or 'T' or 'TC' or anything else after it. I even said that this thread was specifically about the Auto-Reflex and NOT the various Autoreflex cameras. That's why I named the thread what I did. Because it's the only camera that lets you choose between shooting half or full frame.

However!...

I let the thread derail to be about all cameras in the Auto-Reflex/Autoreflex line, or even Konica cameras in general because I love them so much.

:hugs: <-----Me and Konica

Also, Bupkus is nice, but they don't have the manual for my camera! I had to go here:http://www.konica-collector.com/
Check it out. I think you'll like it. Some good info on konica systems.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back