Full Metal Jacket

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Jacketed M-16 round I found stuck in my old gear. Thought it was kind of cool so I put the 50mm on some extension tubes (the two small ones..)

Had to do the aperture trick. A few are f/9 and a few are f/16 - I forget which ones.

fmj1.jpg

fmj2.jpg

fmj3-4x5crop.jpg

Thanks for looking, comment on whatever - you won't hurt my feelings

I like the detail on them bro and the secong one is my fav with most of it blurred but the tip ..what PP did you use?

I like the detail on them bro and the secong one is my fav with most of it blurred but the tip ..what PP did you use?

Thanks. For editing I masked off the background and darkened it and/or reduced contrast (most heavily in #2). #1 has a black and white layer over it at about %40 to desaturate the colors a bit. Other than that they're about how they looked SOOC.

Thats all in photoshop I assume?

Yes. CS4. My favorite plugin ever is Viveza by Nik Software. Lets you edit by control points and makes masks for you.. so it's great for those who are unskilled or just lazy (like me).

Unskilled would be my title lol jeez I gotta get my laptop up and running again lol what lighting did you have? I'm assuming the light that was in the room

One of my favorite rounds. SS109 62gr FMJ-AP :D

Like pic #2, but maybe a little more DOF to better show some of the aging paint....??

Last edited:
Looks like a little 5.56 Nato you have there!

I like the detail in the last one, but all are good. I tried experimenting with a lightbox too. It was kind of fun.

Most reactions

Back