Fully Polished Wheel

ccdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ccwheel.com
Some may have seen some of my previous post however I work for a wheel manufacture and we need to reshoot all our wheels. Really want to get it exactly right the first time to keep and consistancy throughout all the photos. There's no real standard for these by anyone above me at work just want to see what you all think.

T12_Side_1000.jpg

As a car enthusiast....can you get me some wheels? I was just in Daytona as well! I would definitely say this is on par with several other places that display their wheels on the web.

One thing that bothers me is how when shooting chrome/polished wheels is that the shadows fall off onto a black background and if you use a white background, the highlights fall off. This is unfortunately the nature of the beast.

As a car enthusiast....can you get me some wheels? I was just in Daytona as well! I would definitely say this is on par with several other places that display their wheels on the web.

One thing that bothers me is how when shooting chrome/polished wheels is that the shadows fall off onto a black background and if you use a white background, the highlights fall off. This is unfortunately the nature of the beast.

Lol...been back and forth so I know exactly what you mean. The reflective surface seems to pop more with a black backdrop due to the reflections in the wheel it creates where the white backdrop has no depth. I was hopeing I would get some suggestions on how to direct light behind the wheel yet keep most of it off the backdrop to pickup the back half of the wheel. In most cases i'm sure it wouldn't matter as the spoke design and lip seem to be the most important but I'd still like to get it 100% perfect.

Such as these but of course you don't have to follow the same rules since the object isn't refective so acheving it was easy.
BA_Whole.jpg

BA_Detail.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back