bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read about this somewhere and thought I'd give it a try.and it came out marginally well for a first effort, but it started to rain almost immediately after the last frame fired and I had to skedaddle. Yeah, I know, bight and light..it's Florida and it don't care :)

Set up a scene where you want to have some pretty serious smoothing out of a water feature. I used the Gulf of Mexico with 2-3 foot waves and a herd of surfers. I wouldn't have had them normally in the frame but knew time was of the essence, so went ahead and made the shot.

Tripod is essential as is a remote trigger. Frame your scene, use your auto focus but then change to manual to avoid a focus shift. Set the Exposure mode to Aperture Priority as far as the lens will go. I was locked into f:/22. Set the ISO at 100 and a neutral EV. Go to your menu and select Multiple Exposures, 10 frames, single image. You have to dink with it a bit to get all the parameters to expose on one frame.

Shoot ten shots in the series. The neat thing and a pain in the butt, too is that after you make the exposure, the camera turns off the multiple exposure feature.

The shot was made in broad daylight with no ND filter of any kind.

water-blur.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back