fun shoot with my roomate and his bf!

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We had nothing to do one night so we decided to shoot engagemnt picture since its was ****ty outside all weekend.
everything was shot at
Exposure:0.01 sec (1/100)Aperture:f/8.0Focal Length:50 mm
iso100 and iso400

4539303905_b0604e4101_b.jpg

she did finish that one in 24X32 at costco and i was amaze at the quality.

4539956058_22a310373e_b.jpg

4539947636_22c13f8a39_b.jpg

4539332757_e11f877ae1_b.jpg

4539328335_9dc791c1e6_b.jpg

4539348265_cf519409ae_b.jpg

4539930036_8ebb4df4b3_b.jpg

Last edited:
"my roommate and his bf"

:raisedbrow:

I don't see to guys there lol.

Nice shots, I really like that first one.

HER Bf. :p

thanks
well, i rent her a room in my house.

Lovely they should use #1 as their save the date :p haha..

I like the very subtle blue shirt on number 3 I'm not a fan of selective coloring but this desaturation looks very good.

108 views and only 2 reply? are they that bad.....:(

I wouldn't worry about it.. it's a tough crowd here and unless you find Jesus on a tortilla chip, most people are just browsing and not interested in replying..

If you want c&c well the color shots have a creamy-gray background which you could improve either cleaning it or embracing it and going a bit deeper in the tonality..

don't sweat it. :D

Great shots. I think, like someone posted above me, that picture 3 really sticks out. The blue of the shirt is so vibrant compared to the rest of the composition, it, I think really makes the shot.

That being said I think if the amber of the drinks were accented as well it would make the entire shot look very different artistically.

I like the first 5 a lot. in #6 and #7 their expressions don't really look natural (his in 6, hers in 7).

Great work! I'm very newb-ish but looks to me like you did a great job with the light.

I don't understand the first shot at all. I don't know what type of mood you were trying to convey, but it hits neither 'cute' nore 'sexy.' It goes a little more toward 'trashy.' Why is her shirt pulled up so that you can see her brastrap, rather than just removing her shirt, like you had the male model do? (It would have evened out the photo a lot.) And the thong popping so far out of her low-riders and squeezing her stomach is...less than flattering, at best. Then the pose is fairly common as well. I just don't like that shot at all.

The others vary. Most of them also make me think 'trashy.' In 3, they're sitting in a computer chair, in hole-ridden jeans, she's in a wife beater, drinking (While she sits on his lap) and she's bare-foot. All he needs is a can of snuff and the mood would be complete. You should have had them dress in a way that would either convey whatever kind of mood you were trying to present, or just in a way that looks fairly decent.

The others are pretty nice. The lighting's good in all of them, and the angles are good as well.

Me thinks you put too much on our plates at one time. Personally, I like all of them, especially the b&w's. The tones are great, and #1:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm not crazy about the flesh tones in the colored shots. (my computer maybe?) And, I'm not sure about this, but I think I would recompose #5 slightly so that the girl's pretty butt is in the frame. For some reason, that's my favorite after #1.

Overall, an excellent session.

thanks all for the comments, constructive criticism always help!

I think ivomitcats does have a point, but I wouldn't be so bold to say it looks trashy. Haha, do you see what I did there? :er::lol:

I think #1 would make a great advertisement, all it needs is an AXE bottle at a clever distance. As a photo, I think it's really great. As an engagement photo, it's far from traditional but that's what makes it so fun. However, what I agree with ivomitcats on is what type of 'scene' or 'image' you are trying to convey.
All of them have great lighting, but one thing that bothers the hell out of me, :gah: are her eyebrows! :madmad:

In 3 it bothers me that their legs are cut off. And yeah, I agree with ivomitcats on 1. Technically the shot is great, just the girl's clothes are a no. Jeans too tight for the underwear, the bra that shows under the shirt, the shirt that shouldn't be there, etc. And please, with 2, why is the guy wearing socks? And why is there a FREAKIN WHITE LINE on that sock. Annoying! On 7 again the cut off legs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back