Fun Sister Session

Wow, I love all of these. I love the colors of their clothes, they style of your photos and the post processing you did. Excellent work.

What lens did you use for these? They came out so wonderful.

I don't remember specifically which ones but I only ever shoot with two lenses...

my 50mm 1.4 and my 85mm 1.4

I swear you cant go wrong with primes!

*I think the last one was with my 20mm 1.4..just to get the width but I hardly ever use it.

HTH

i said i liked them just had a prob with one

sorry if you dont like my opinion

I don't remember specifically which ones but I only ever shoot with two lenses...

my 50mm 1.4 and my 85mm 1.4

I swear you cant go wrong with primes!

*I think the last one was with my 20mm 1.4..just to get the width but I hardly ever use it.

HTH

Thanks. I have a 50mm 1.8 but I am saving for a 85mm 1.8. However, I do hear that the 50mm 1.4 is a close second to the 85mm 1.8. Again, I love your photos and your processing. Just beautiful work!

I love your pictures.. They are so girly and fun. And the laundromat is just classic! Pure creative genius! Way to go!!

Thanks. I have a 50mm 1.8 but I am saving for a 85mm 1.8. However, I do hear that the 50mm 1.4 is a close second to the 85mm 1.8. Again, I love your photos and your processing. Just beautiful work!

The 50mm 1.8 doesnt hold a candle to the 1.4, it seems they'd be similar but they really really aren't. As far as the 85 goes, its pretty good but if you are saving your money for one lens, I'd get the 50mm 1.4...if I could only use one lens from here on out, it'd be that one!

The 50mm 1.8 doesnt hold a candle to the 1.4, it seems they'd be similar but they really really aren't. As far as the 85 goes, its pretty good but if you are saving your money for one lens, I'd get the 50mm 1.4...if I could only use one lens from here on out, it'd be that one!

What a beautiful family to have the opportunity to take pics of - nice! So it's the capability of being able to open up to 1.4 that you really like? Because I know 1.4 is very fast but I read tha tno matter what the lens - if it's a 1.4 or a 1.8 and you set it to say, 2.8 - then 2.8 is the same on both because 2.8 is just that, 2.8 - no different on a 'faster' lens. Am I confused? Or maybe the way I'm saying it, am I confusing you? LOL I hate typing!

I love your work and always have!! My fav. is the laundrymat shots... To cute!

The color boost IMO is wonderful when taking pics of children!

What a beautiful family to have the opportunity to take pics of - nice! So it's the capability of being able to open up to 1.4 that you really like? Because I know 1.4 is very fast but I read tha tno matter what the lens - if it's a 1.4 or a 1.8 and you set it to say, 2.8 - then 2.8 is the same on both because 2.8 is just that, 2.8 - no different on a 'faster' lens. Am I confused? Or maybe the way I'm saying it, am I confusing you? LOL I hate typing!

No you are not confusing me at all. It is true that VERY VERY rarely do I actually use the 1.4 capability, however, I do use 1.8 and 2.0 pretty frequently. As for the difference in the 1.8 and the 1.4, it is a matter of construction. The 1.8 is a plastic body and not quality glass. (hence the reason it is so affordable) The 1.4 is about three times as expensive but it has a nice sturdy body, great glass, and is just all over a better lens. (IMO)

And thank you for all the kind words from everyone else!

Very cute, I love the colors in all of them. Laundry mat shot #2 is my favorite as I can just imagine what secret has been told.

No you are not confusing me at all. It is true that VERY VERY rarely do I actually use the 1.4 capability, however, I do use 1.8 and 2.0 pretty frequently. As for the difference in the 1.8 and the 1.4, it is a matter of construction. The 1.8 is a plastic body and not quality glass. (hence the reason it is so affordable) The 1.4 is about three times as expensive but it has a nice sturdy body, great glass, and is just all over a better lens. (IMO)

And thank you for all the kind words from everyone else!

Oh okay i just wasnt sure i was understanding the technicalities of that - thanks. I see what you are saying. :) I was thinking about the 85 1.8 - no? should i save for the 1.4 then?

Oh okay i just wasnt sure i was understanding the technicalities of that - thanks. I see what you are saying. :) I was thinking about the 85 1.8 - no? should i save for the 1.4 then?

I think it really depends on what you are shooting. I shoot mostly portraits, so the 50mm is better than the 85mm. (with the 85mm, you are shooting from a considerable distance) but if you are shooting a lot of weddings, maybe that would be an advantage to you...

So it is really up to your shooting style. When I switched from zooms to primes, it was really hard for me to get use to because I was used to adjusting the lens, rather than adjusting me. However, now I'm used to my primes and it is like second nature to move myself around to find new angles, distances, etc.

I love both lenses though! :D

Most reactions

Back