Fun with Holga

Very Holga! I love the effect, it seems to add a very "19th century" mood to the images. I have a Lomo (4 lens) made by the same company. The results are questionable, but fun none the less.

If interested, I could post a shot of the camera and it's results.

Hi Terri, very nice work as usual, I agree Craig about old look

Guess I am lucky, no light leaks on my Holga, and the only tape I use is to hold the back on

terri, they are awesome!
these are from your first roll on the holga???
damn, mine were all crap.

i still dont use it much cause it costs so much to have processed :(

they are fabulous

Thanks Manda!! Really I thought they were all going to be crap while I was out shooting....I wanted to see where the light leaks were, and I sure did figure that out! :? It's a shame the developing is so expensive where you live, since the camera itself is so cheap to operate. Post some of yours when you feel like playing some more, I'd love to see your stuff!!

I think Orie hit the nail on the head with this:
It's totally worth it. It's not an investment, so it doesn't matter if it's unreliable. Try it out. It's just fun.

That girl is so damn smart!!! :D

Jeff, Craig: thanks for the comments. Would love to see a shot of that Lomo, Craig, I have never heard of that camera before. Yes, please!

The lomo in all it's glory. Not really, but you get the idea. I made it small so as not to clog things up, so to speak. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Craig!! Ok, I thought the Holga looked like a toy until I saw this. It really takes a picture, huh? :wink: Is this 35mm or 120 like the Holga?? Would love to see an image sampling!! Got any?

The camera shoots 35mm. The iso should be 200 or 400. I neglected to tape it up, because it is more of a show piece, plus the shutter is a little frustrating (plus sometimes I love a good light leak or lens flare).
It may take a couple of hours to post a photo. In the meantime; certainly you have visited this website http://www.lomography.com/

Well you obviously get a fair amount of control, given this image sample. What is this, btw? Looks like you're in a McDonald's parking lot by the play area, or something.... :scratch: But I'd have to agree - you should get the little camera out more! :D

thats actually not the standard LOMO
thats a supersampler i think its called
there are quite a few different sorts

the standard LOMO is more kinda like the Holga

check out http://www.lomography.com/. youll find all the LOMO cameras there, including the Holga.

Thanks for that link, Manda, it does look more like a Holga....

And Craig, just cause you had the name wrong doesn't get you out of showing us more of the shots you get with it!! :wink:

Most reactions

Back