fundraiser calendar contract?

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have been asked to donate photos to a committee to make a calendar which they will sell as a fundraiser. It is a non profit.
The goal is to showcase local artists (like myself apparently) while raising money for a project they are doing.

do i need a contract for this.

I did this for an NGO recently which took care of poor children and were looking for photographs to be used in their fundraiser. All I did was to send them an email with the terms stating they can't use the photographs for any other purpose other than the fundraising and they'll have to take my permission for any other kind of use whatsoever. I asked them for an email confirmation before I send them the photographs , and that was enough for me.
It entirely depends upon how seriously you take this, if you are donating it, it's highly unlikely that they'll try to reuse the photograph in a way that you'll find inappropriate.

yeah..
the request is for 12 photos for each month to choose out of. 12 month calendar (guessing no real idea) so they want a 144 photos to choose from? I don't feel like sending them a 144 photos. Imagine they are asking others so they must be looking through like a 1000 photos.
After reading your post i just emailed them and suggested they take a look at what i already have posted on local websites. And if there are any of those images they want to use to just let me know and i will send them a higher quality printable conversion.

seems like for a good cause i guess?

seems fair enough to me, you're already doing them a favor. IMO sending 144 photos for them to choose from is a preposterous idea!

seems fair enough to me, you're already doing them a favor. IMO sending 144 photos for them to choose from is a preposterous idea!
yeah. it is one of them things. i keep having people trying to sell me on this type of thing (third time in the last year) under the premise that giving free photos will "get my name out there" in which three things have occurred to me.

1. They are asking me so my name must already be "out there"
2. I am not really that concerned with being "out there"
3. i am still not that good at this.

Most reactions

Back