Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3794587189_ee31fc6dab_o.jpg

3795408102_fff7ea974f_o.jpg

3794587117_a392f1c5b2_o.jpg

I had some fun with some stuff around the apartment and an LED flashlight!

What do you guys think?

I think the last two don't do all that much for me, although they are fairly interesting. BUT, if you were to remove the LED streaks in the first one it would look absolutely stunning. This shoot gave me an idea... Do you mind if i do my own shoot spawning off this?

of course not man, we're all here to learn from each other, right??? I want to see the results of what you come up with!

by the way, I was planning on taking the streaks out of the first one, but ended up leaving it in, because I liked the way it sort of balanced the picture without taking away too much... I might try taking it out and seeing what it looks like.

Alright sounds good. I see what you mean by keeping the balance but something about it bothers me a bit.

the fact that it's all squiggly and pretty ugly? yeah, that bothers me too. actually, in the guitar one, one of my accoustics reflected the light I was using and it looked nasty, so I had to edit that out. Turned out ok, though. I think out of the three, that's my favorite one.

Yea, If they emulated the lines and curves of the instrument maybe it'd work. That might be something to keep in mind, making sure your hand is steady and really following the curves closely.

oooo not bad, not bad. I might try that again tonight.

maybe I'll do another with my saxophone that doesn't have a wall outlet in the way.

No I wouldn't take the light streak off the first photo, but I would do it again and do some another cool shapes with the light streak near the saxophone!

lol I wasn't trying to get that on camera. That's me moving the flashlight around illuminating my saxophone! I had to paint it like 10 times during the 30 second exposure.

not sure if its possible or not, but i wonder how interesting it'd be to have notes made out of that light coming out of the bell and leading off to the right :p

haha thats awesome! i keep seeing these painting with lights pictures, and keep wanting to try it. i guess i really need to now! :D

it's pretty easy as long as you have good spacial reasoning... the more intricate you try to get, the more lost you become though... as you can see.

Most reactions

Back