Funnel Cloud

hallsgator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure how many people have heard, but there were a couple of tornadoes in southeast Ohio yesterday, with the worst one in Athens. I'm in Athens at OHIO U and the tornado was a couple miles from campus. I took this pic in front of my dorm. We saw many clouds start swirling, and this one was definitely the closest to a funnel. Crazy night.

DSC00639.jpg

You just gotta love tornadoes! Keep your head down!

I live within a couple hours of there. We had a couple close calls yesterday too. This isn't a CC or anything cause you didn't ask for it. I just wanted to see for my self all the detail in the clouds so I over edited it a little to see it all. It's pretty crazy.

2jcyqtt.jpg

In the center where the clouds are kind of bent into eachother making a kind of "S". That's the beginning of a funnel cloud. Usually if it doesn't break up within a few minutes it starts making it's way to the ground.

This may be a silly question , but where is it?
I don't see anything.
I only see a sky shot.

Look in the middle of the shot, at what looks like a #6 leaning pretty strongly towards the right.

I live within a couple hours of there. We had a couple close calls yesterday too. This isn't a CC or anything cause you didn't ask for it. I just wanted to see for my self all the detail in the clouds so I over edited it a little to see it all. It's pretty crazy.

2jcyqtt.jpg
That is awesome! I don't have any editing programs or skills in that area, so thanks for posting that.

is this a funnel cloud ? as seen in Brooklyn, NY 2-28 at 12:30pm EST
181548_1798826842973_1008833355_2100489_5902691_n.jpg

zoomed in
181548_1798826882974_1008833355_2100490_2981971_n.jpg

2jcyqtt.jpg
That is awesome! I don't have any editing programs or skills in that area, so thanks for posting that.

Most reactions

Back