Funny BestBuy camera-buying story

Hmmmm ... If I turn the little knob thingy on the top of my 7D to "Tv", how many channels can I get?
So I figure I've got to add this joke to my repertoire. I ask my wife, "Honey, if you turn the little knob on your DSLR to Tv how many channels can you get?" 100% serious, she replies, "Can it do that?" :angel:

Sales person admit when they don't know something? Are there fairies and unicorns in Minnesota too? :lmao:
Yes!
According to the TV show Monsterquest, and they wouldn't lie about a thing like that. :lmao::lmao:

If Best Buy, Lowe's or whatever gives their people too much training then that employee has a new skill that he can sell to the competition. Or the competition may send their headhunters to find him.

Some companies have contracts with employees that require them to pay for the training should they leave before X years. Others have provisions forbidding the employee from working for the competition for X years. In the U.S. the courts have found both provisions to be unenforceable. The first (pay if you leave) has been found to be an unfair labor practice. The second (don't work for the competition) has been found to be a violation of the anti-slavery amendment.:D

My company paid for my certifications and training, the only stipulation is my certs require a yearly fee to stay valid. My job will pay for that until I am no longer with the company. Then I have to pay my own fees if I want to stay part of the SPFE (Specialized Photo Finishining Engineers) and CPC (Certified Photographic Consultants) guilds.

BB is a large retail chain, not a specialty store for anything. They serve a purpose, but giving you knowledgeable advice on cameras is not it. I bought a car GPS there for a great deal recently, but only because I knew what I was looking for. Even for that they wouldn't have been able to be much help.
Thankfully, we have other places to shop for photo stuff. Besides, their prices are even higher for all this stuff than the reputable photo stores, so what the heck would be the point?
Very funny though, thanks for sharing

BB is a large retail chain, not a specialty store for anything. They serve a purpose, but giving you knowledgeable advice on cameras is not it.

Thankfully, we have other places to shop for photo stuff.
In my case "other places to shop for photo stuff" means on-line. The biggest photo chain in the state is in receivership. An hours drive into the big city to buy paper, film and chemistry hardly seems justified, especially since their prices are more than what I can get on-line. The gasoline for the round trip costs more than shipping charges from California.

And my source for "knowledgeable advice" seems to be this forum.

My company paid for my certifications and training, the only stipulation is my certs require a yearly fee to stay valid. My job will pay for that until I am no longer with the company. Then I have to pay my own fees if I want to stay part of the SPFE (Specialized Photo Finishining Engineers) and CPC (Certified Photographic Consultants) guilds.

Who paid for your engineering degree?

I doubt very much she is referring to a 4 year undergraduate degree in engineering. I may be wrong, it's been known to happen:meh:

I doubt very much she is referring to a 4 year undergraduate degree in engineering. I may be wrong, it's been known to happen:meh:

Does that mean that I can call myself a doctor? After all, it's only the degree that I don't have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back