Funny Photo Booth Interaction

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I photographed the wedding of a distant cousin over the weekend. Hadn't seen her or much of that side of the family for many many years. So after my contracted time ended I proceeded to enjoy the reception like everyone else.

Make my way over to the photo booth to take picture with my mom and some other family members and the operator quickly notes shes experiencing some technical difficulties and it will be just a moment. We continue to pick out our props when I see her pop up the flash on her Canon and start taking some snaps at the background with a look of frustration. I introduce myself as the wedding photographer and ask if there is anything I may help with.

The look she gave me was priceless. She hands me her camera and then grabs a Yongnuo 622-TX trigger from off a table and does this motion like 'make it work'. I throw the TX in the hotshoe test shot, the light and umbrella are working all good but the image is completely blown out. Look at the settings and she had something like ISO 800 F13 and 1/80th.

A couple seconds later I hand her back the camera she does a test shot and is just beaming from ear to ear.

I take it you resisted the natural impulse, which would be to blurt out something like, "Do'ah! Yer over-exposing the crap out of it, lady!"

I take it you resisted the natural impulse, which would be to blurt out something like, "Do'ah! Yer over-exposing the crap out of it, lady!"

That, and then it was more like why on earth on you at ISO 800 with the AB800 doing all the work

Alien Bee 800 means the Sunny 16 Rule would suggest ISO 800 at f/13, right? lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back