Fur, Feathers and a Shell (6 pics)

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today was the first time I have ever used manual focus :meh: I was using my el-cheapo Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 with another el-cheapo 2X converter. Also the first time I have used this combo. It was almost pointless to try and auto focus on anything except the sun :lmao: So out of 718 pics, I kept 43 :confused:

41001181-L.jpg

41001176-L.jpg

41001177-L.jpg

41001178-L.jpg

41001179-L.jpg

41001180-L.jpg

manual focus is a pain to use, but i think once you can do it, its better then auto focus.

i went from a point and shoot digital to a completely manual camera. (think only thing opperated by electrical power is the light meter)
at first my pics were all soft and even though i took alot i only got a few decent pictures.

however, ive learned how to focus and i concentrate on it and i feel that now since i spend so much damn time on focusing the picture, my composition and metering and DOF has improved simply because i want it perfect the first time. Im not gona spend all this time getting the focus just right to have that stray branch in the upper right hand corner or the improper DOF or any of that sorta stuff.

so i support manual focus :)

You did really well here, and hey, that is the good thing about digital photography: shooting "bloopers" no longer results in high costs for film and prints and your desk does not become all cluttered with photos that you don't really like. Those that you then keep are worth keeping. The lined-up ducks DEFINITELY are, they are the best photo of the whole series!

But I also like the bear. Something is funny about his face. I know that we are not all symmetrical, there is asymmetry in each of our faces, but this bear seems to have been hit harder by asymmetry than most ;). It feels like I would want to cuddle him just because of that ;) (if he were smaller and "more" stuffed ;) )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back