Further subdivision

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Overread, May 7, 2008.

1. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I know I am new here so things have quite possibly been like this for ages with no problems, but I have noticed that the nature and wildlife subsection has a very fast input of new threads and of commenting. Now I like this as its a good sign of an active and healthy community, but it does mean that in a very short space of time a new thread can rapidly move to the bottom of the page where it can be overlooked.
    Currently people often bump their thread up to give it another chance (and again nothing wrong with that) but I was wondering if dividing the section into flora and fauna might help slow this down a little

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's not very likely we'll split much more in that area. As an active photography forum, we're always going to be walking a line between having a few extra-busy gallery sections and having so many sub-galleries that casual viewing becomes too time-consuming.

As you mentioned, we do encourage bumping your images. This sticky is posted in the General Gallery, and comes from a thought process we developed wayyy back, when we only had a few Gallery themes compared to what we have currently. However, this process is certainly not limited to the General Gallery. Though we ask you to be careful not to overdo it, bumping your image is still the preferred way to keep a newer image closer to the top of the page.

Hope this helps. :)

3. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Also Nature and WildLife section under went a merger reasently due to some inactivity and and some less than effective subject paring that existed previously, this section is more effective than it used to be so. It's not even six months old yet so it still needs some time before any changes should really be explored.