G-Mail

Is G-Mail going to be your primary email?

• Total voters

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yahoo Mail has a storage capacity of 100MB starting today!

Counter measures against Google's upcoming 1 gig (1000Mb) G-Mail !!

:)

I don't see any reason to need that much mail space. Read it, use it, delete it. There is really not that much stuff that needs to be saved. And if you're gonna have that much, then you better work out a damn good filing system so you can actually find what you need when you look for it!

There probably will be a lot of people who think they need that much space and it will probably be wildly popular. But I have a yahoo account and didn't even know they were upgrading till I opened it earlier today, and found my acct had shrunk. :wink:

I'm glad google forced the issue.... :p

oriecat said:
I don't see any reason to need that much mail space. Read it, use it, delete it. There is really not that much stuff that needs to be saved. And if you're gonna have that much, then you better work out a damn good filing system so you can actually find what you need when you look for it!

There are people who save the emails in their inboxes. For them, this would be a great help.

Re. the search, G-Mail comes with a search tool to search emails.

And re. the size, I can easily forsee the day when you will complain about the measly 50gig in your palm pilot! ;)

I'm not saying people don't save their emails, I'm saying that most stuff doesn't need to be saved. When was the last time you actually looked at that email thats at the bottom of your inbox? (or the top depending upon how you sort...)

I fully admit to having too many emails myself. The last thing I need is something to enable me in my lazy-don't-clean-out-the-email habit. ;)

and I'll have a palm pilot the day after I get a digital camera... meaning, it ain't gonna happen! :p

oriecat said:
and I'll have a palm pilot the day after I get a digital camera... meaning, it ain't gonna happen! :p

Ha! We will defenitely cross paths 15 years;... sorry 5 years down the lane, and I can bet you will be fiddling with your new DSLR! :p

Need to bookmark your site :twisted:

i currently using a 1GB ISP....
so, that none of my bussines...wahhaha

lol, and gmail will use context ads on your email instead of banner adverts.. so will based on the messages you recieve (that was the big privacy issue, the googlers were reading your email so they can target the adverts).

so when you get spam how to make yer schlong larger, you can bet that google will put up the right contextual ads ;)

vonnagy said:
so when you get spam how to make yer schlong larger, you can bet that google will put up the right contextual ads ;)

I get emails allll the time asking me if " I want a big shlonger "?!
I emailed them back saying " OH yesssss I dooooo !". :cheer:
I'm still waitingggggg for the boogers to send me one !! :irked:

Whoever finds a perm solution to spam will be the new Bill Gates

Luminosity said:
vonnagy said:

I get emails allll the time asking me if " I want a big shlonger "?!
I emailed them back saying " OH yesssss I dooooo !". :cheer:
I'm still waitingggggg for the boogers to send me one !! :irked:

:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back