G-Mail

Is G-Mail going to be your primary email?

• Total voters
cowbert098 said:
I just got a G-Mail account its good and all but it is not worth getting everyone that emails me to email me there instead.

How did you get it??

this is what i read on another board i post on...

A couple of days after I started using Gmail, a link appeared that said I could invite 3 friends.
Gmail periodically lets users invite other people.

I have also heard that by simply starting a Blogger weblog you can get invited for Gmail (both services are Google-owned).

And then of course there's http://www.gmailswap.com/

i also found out the name you pick has to be at least 6 characters. so, i can't get [email protected] or [email protected] like i wanted to. :-( i'm very disappointed in that.

Hotmail is flexing its muscles - 250MB free!! :)

Scott WRG Editor said:
danalec99 said:

I heard that Hotmail is blocking the G-Mail invites, anybody know of that for certain?

Haven't heard about that yet. Could be true; a typical insecure William Gates move! :p

Scott WRG Editor said:
danalec99 said:

I heard that Hotmail is blocking the G-Mail invites, anybody know of that for certain?

It seems to be happening off and on. I had an invite blocked a couple of days ago.

I suspect its the anti-spam software working overtime. When I worked for MSN we had issues with the anti-spam stuff triggering on things like mailing lists. Since there are so many invites coming in to hotmail users from google.com it probably thought it was spam and started blocking it.

vonnagy said:
got my account yesterday. gmail is kinda cool. nothing too fancy, just alot o' space.

this is kinda funny from googlisers:
http://www.google.co.nz/preferences

you have the swedish chef and elmer fudd listed to personalise your google seach :)

I like the threaded message concept, but since I have no messages yet it hasn't threaded. Send me a message at [email protected] (and of course take out REMOVETHIS from the address, seems simple but some people don't think)

I voted that it wont be my primary account, but I think I will use it for a collector account on my domain name. 2mb's isnt nearly enough, which is what hotmail offers for now. I hear they are upping it to 250mb's.

I keep most of my emails, you never know when youw ant to look up an old one to see what you said or what they said. also I use it for ebay and paypal and I keep all those records as well. Its a pain to have to use incredimail to back up my 2mb's fo space every time I want to recieve a picture in an email.

Most reactions

Back