Gadget Infinity

Who-hoo!

Did you do a distance test before and after? When I got my GIs at first, they NEVER got over 30 feet no matter what. After that, well, I did not know what they would do, but I documented that part as you guys saw on my blog.

I did test it from 35-40 feet and my flash works just fine. After trying for almost 20 minutes (around 25-30 flashes) didn't notice any misfires and I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I know this is a bit off topic. How long does it usually take gadgetinfinity.com to ship the triggers? I know they're shipping from China. I just want to make sure when I order them I'm not waiting a month to get them. If that was the case I'd spend a bit more on Elinchrom Skyports from bh and have them in three days.

In my case it was 9 business days. If you pay for standard shipping it says 15 business days, but you can get 2nd day express mail, but I don't remember what was the price for it.

Last edited:
I used my triggers for a shoot on Sunday. They worked just fine and only misfired once in 133 shots. I think it was the fresh batteries that did the trick.

So any ideas on what to do about a wire, without taking apart my computer to get some?
Have any friends in the computer industry? Drop by a Futureshop and ask the computer repair guy to put a 2 foot strand on the side for you?

Heck worst case, if you want, PM me and I'll mail you enough to do 8 of them... lol

I know these things can work well. I've been using my first set, without changing the batteries, for over a year and they have been almost flawless when indoors.
Yikes, you got a year of use out of the factory batteries? That is incredible!

Last week, they were triggering the lights but not syncing.
No freaking wonder! :lol:

I figured they would just stop working when the batteries died...not keep firing but stop syncing. :scratch:

Either way, they work now, even if I did butcher the antenna mod.

When they get weak, the first symptom is a fire but no sync. Happened to me, but I was expecting it. It was about 50-60 pictures into the first time I was playing with them.

As long as they work thats all that matters. Oh, I was serious about sending you a mail if all else fails. I have a couple hundred feet of spare cabling left over from an old network job. ;)

Thanks Jerry, I appreciate that.

I don't think I'll be doing anything to them soon...but if I do decide to and can't find any around here, I might take you up on that.

Wow, that cable looks both too thick and short... and you wired it on the opposite side from mine. How is it working for you, did you measure the distance at all?

Mine looks a little different:
2640927216_d860d35cb0.jpg

No matter, though... as long as it works for you! :D

Doh! I didn't even pay attention. They work fine but I didn't check the distance. I'll have to fix that later. I just grabbed a piece of wire from my "wire bin". I guess I'll get a smaller gauge...

A single length of networking cable (CAT5), seems to work the best.

Most reactions

Back