Galapagos Islands - Travel photography site

amyspod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I'm just starting out in photography and I have recently put up my photography site at:

www.amyspod.com

I have photos from my travels including Galapagos Islands, Alaska and California.

Please take a look and any critique/comments are welcome. Thanks!

Amy

Cool!
Do you have to have special permission to visit the Galapogas Islands?

Nope! You don't need special permission to go to the Galapagos Islands. You just need to pack your bags (and your camera)!

From what I've heard, you don't need special permission...but you are rather limited/restricted as to where you can go/walk. This is, of course, to keep the public from trampling the delicate echo system.

Nope! You don't need special permission to go to the Galapagos Islands. You just need to pack your bags (and your camera)!

From what I've heard, you don't need special permission...but you are rather limited/restricted as to where you can go/walk. This is, of course, to keep the public from trampling the delicate echo system.

Thanks, I thought i read you need permission from the government - guess not. Looks like a cool place, I hope to go there some time.

Last edited:
Oh and I forgot to ask - do you fly into Ecuador and take a boat or small plane to the islands?

You fly to Ecuador and then take an airplane to Galapagos. Airplanes to Galapagos leave from either the cities of Quito or Guayaquil and it's a 2 hour flight.

The Galapagos Islands are the most incredible living museum of evolutionary changes, with a huge variety of exotic species (birds, land animals, plants) and landscapes not seen anywhere else.
Galapagos the Most Exotic and Incredible Islands

Most reactions

Back