Galapagos Pics, C&C welcome!

rskopek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to share these pics from the Galapagos. Let me know what you think!

IMG_9330800x533.jpg

IMG_9332800x533.jpg

IMG_9333800x533.jpg

I prefer the first one, with the eye and the mouth open. You must have seen lots of amazing wildlife there...hope you post more pics!

Be careful what you ask for :)

IMG_9667800x533.jpg

IMG_9322800x533.jpg

IMG_8625800x533.jpg

IMG_8827800x533.jpg

IMG_9173800x533.jpg

That last shot of the baby and parent is awesome! In fact, they are all good shots. That must have been an awesome place to visit! :mrgreen:

Of the first series it sure is the first photo that I like best.

And of the second series I really love the last two!

If you have more pics taken on Galapagos, always feel welcome to post them!!! :D

Great shots. I've always told people that I'd like to go to Ecuador for about a 10 day vacation and they look at me like I'm crazy. I went there for a 2 week mission trip 3-4 years ago and fell in love with the place.

I love the very first shot...it almost looks like you got the seal (seal, right?) to smile! The very last shot is great too...I can hear the momma saying, "Please, PLEASE go bother your dad."

wow... nice photo there, what camera do you use and what lens do you use for that?

Great shots, that looks like an amazing place to visit, I am full of envy. Well captured.
Nige

All these photos were captured with a Canon 30D. I just realized that all these pictures were taken with a canon AF 100-300mm f4.5/5.6 USM.

I was travelling in South America for 7 weeks and the Galapagos was definitely the highlight of that trip, even though I was only there for only 4 days. The scenery is absolutely stunning, as just about every island is unique, like nothing you've seen before. If you go, forget the 4 day trip, not nearly long enough, and jump for the 8-10 day trip. The one word that describes the animal life in the Galapagos is "fearless". The wildlife does not see humans as a threat, so you can be just a foot or two away from various birds, seals, giant land tortoises, sea turtles, etc. This place makes wildlife photography childs play. Oh, and don't forget a submersible camera or housing (learn from my mistake as I didn't have one), as there are so many opportunitys to play with baby sea lions and fur seals in the water, follow giant sea turtles around, watch as penguins scuttle around and small sharks (not the human eating kind) monitor the depths.

The Galapagos is an absolutely amazing place and I hope to get back someday. I just entered a photo contest by Canon where the grand prize is a 10-day Galapagos cruise. If I win then you can say I'm really spoiled! If you have any questions or are thinking about going to the Galapagos, just drop me a line, I'd be happy to help.

IMG_9278.jpg

IMG_8945.jpg

IMG_9755800x533.jpg

IMG_9069800x533.jpg

IMG_8494800x533.jpg

IMG_9731800x533.jpg

IMG_8281800x533.jpg

I really like the first in the first set, and the third in the last set (maybe it would help if you could number them?). And as I scrolled down I was just waiting to see those blue footed boobies and the Galapagos tortoise. :)
Fantastic shots, it definitely looks like quite an amazing place!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back