I've been looking for a new phone as my contract is up now for my old S5. Been trying to decide between the S7 edge and the note 7, but there is still a few things I'm not sold on yet. The camera looks great (I liked the S6 pro mode on my daughters phone) but I really wish they'd stop adding so much bloatware and have the option to run clean versions of android. The waterproofing is a must have for me too.

What bloatware? I always delete/disable anything I doubt use right when I turn it on.

My dad has an S7 and his is loaded with useless junk from at&t that you cant remove. Atleast when buying from Samsung directly, it will be clean of that stuff. Haha. Im on TMobile too and the rep recommended me buying it directly from Samsung because it would be cheaper. Lol, they are too awesome.

What bloatware? I always delete/disable anything I doubt use right when I turn it on.

All that stuff that you don't use is bloatware. But it's annoying as some of the stuff can't be removed as it's bundled in with the OS so just sits there taking up memory space.

Just so everyone knows.

I'm coming from a Microsoft Lumia 640 with Windows 10 Mobile.

All that stuff that you don't use is bloatware. But it's annoying as some of the stuff can't be removed as it's bundled in with the OS so just sits there taking up memory space.

Ok. I guess tmobile doesn't put to much in there.

@jake337 What case are you using on your Note 7 or the S7 you had. I'm looking at the Urban Armor Gear. Seems pretty good.

Well guess who owns a Samsung Galaxy S7? This guy does. :bouncingsmileys:

It better be worth it. LOL

I was going to order it via Samsung's website because the Gear VR was included for free. Looked like a good deal, went to check out and no tax and free shipping. Entered the details and then hit review order and BOOM $60 in tax. Free Gear VR...sure.

So I bought the phone from B&H Photo, same exactly one. Factory unlocked, black and it was the same price. No free Gear VR but free shipping and tax free AND free 2 day delivery. Samsung said it was going to take 12-14 days to get.

Yep..no Gear VR but my dad has an S7 and he got an Gear VR anyways. So I can use it hahaha.

@jake337 What case are you using on your Note 7 or the S7 you had. I'm looking at the Urban Armor Gear. Seems pretty good.

I've been using Tech21 caaes for years. I constantly drop my ****.

I was going to order it via Samsung's website because the Gear VR was included for free. Looked like a good deal, went to check out and no tax and free shipping. Entered the details and then hit review order and BOOM $60 in tax. Free Gear VR...sure.

So I bought the phone from B&H Photo, same exactly one. Factory unlocked, black and it was the same price. No free Gear VR but free shipping and tax free AND free 2 day delivery. Samsung said it was going to take 12-14 days to get.

Yep..no Gear VR but my dad has an S7 and he got an Gear VR anyways. So I can use it hahaha.

Gear Vr is overrated. You coulda stroll Check with samsung as i got mine for free from Samsung even though I got my phones through Tmobile.

On a side note, I love and hate swipe to text!

Gear Vr is overrated. You coulda stroll Check with samsung as i got mine for free from Samsung even though I got my phones through Tmobile.

I could check with Samsung, maybe they'll let it slide and be able to get a Gear VR for free, though already have one in the house anyways. No biggie. I have used it and I do find it pretty interesting sometimes.

I think I'll like the phone, I'm going to sell my tablet which will help with the cost anyways. I doubt I'll use my tablet anymore, the S7 will do the same things my tablet does and be more mobile haha.

Either way, its a HUGE, mega upgrade from my Microsoft phone lol.

Most reactions

Back