Galena, IL PIC HEAVY

LongDucDong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The town that time forgot...

Tucked into the NW corner of Illinois sits Galena. Home to 9 Civil War generals (including Ulysses S. Grant), this town reeks of history. Some homes from the 1700s still stand and operate, etc... If youre in the area and love history and beautiful scenery, make sure to visit Galena, and bring your camera.

Uploaded from Photohacker, er, Photobucket. Sorry for the lost quality....

The drive to Heaven:
UpthehillnearGalenadriving.jpg

ThewindyroadintoGalena.jpg

Up on a ridge:
Galenacountryside3.jpg

Greeeeeen acres is the place for me:
Galenacountryside1.jpg

Down on Main Street:
MainStreetinGalena.jpg

One of the many valleys:
InavalleynearGalena.jpg

Flames from the St. Patrick's Day parade:
FireandbrickinGalena.jpg

FireandGalenasblueskies.jpg

LA?
Galenaalleyway.jpg

Keep Out!
BarbedwirefenceandsunsetonBlackjack.jpg

The mighty Mississippi:
BWMississippiRiverfromChestnutMount.jpg

Whatchu lookin' at?
DeernearChestnutMountain.jpg

Ancient:
RedbrickbuildinginGalena.jpg

Up
Galenastaircase.jpg

End of the day:
SunsetfromridgetopinGalena.jpg

Bed n breakfast:
Galenahilltopneighborhood.jpg

#1 is great. composition, dof, execution in general.
The rest seem pretty ordinary in comparison.

Really? Weird! The first one is the one I thought was most snap-shotty of the bunch. LOL That was taken through the windshield while I was driving. LOL

Hey...great set of shots. I'm a whopping 30min away from Galena and I have yet to go down there and take some shots. It's a very picture worthy town!

-Brett

I like the LA one the most !!!

just composition and subject tie in together really nice.

Nice series. The last one seems a bit over-exposed, but nothing some adjustments in PS won't fix. And that's just my opinion.

Side note - I'm related to General Grant by marriage. Someone on my mom's side...Julia Dent Grant. My mom's side goes by the name Dent, and I don't know the exact connection, but I do know it's there. Just have to ask my grandmother next time I see her, but yeah. Related to the awesomest prez ever :D

Nice pics , since I was born and raised in Galena I have seen many photo's of the town and could never realize why anyone would want to photograph it. I currently live 30 minutes away right now and the only time I have done any photography in town was for a college project last year. It was only then that I discovered how picturesque the city really is. Being older now I can appreciate the heritage the town has to offer. Although I do find a lot of interesting things around the area to take pictures of, I think the outlying area has more to offer. Feel free to take a look at some of the caves I have photographed in the immediate area. I have provided the link below.
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/skribnod/?start=0

Ps. These are a few older shots from the school project that I found interesting.

a%3E
a%3E
a%3E
a%3E
a%3E

Most reactions

Back