Gallery Shows

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Dagwood56, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Does anyone know how a person goes about getting their work noticed? How someone would get photos in some type of gallery showing [not talking about online]. Are there books on the subject? All I seem to find online are sites trying to sell web space to "make your own gallery"

Several people have suggested I try to sell some of my photos, and as someone who had their own photo business 30 years ago, I feel I have the talent - just need to polish the skills because I've been away from it for so long. My business didn't last too long back then,[1977] as I had no studio and had to work in the customers home, which wasn't real popular back then, nor was my idea [a bit ahead of its time] doing pet portraits.

I'm not really interested in a business like that right now, I'd rather sell some of my old work, and some of my new stuff, plus some of my photo art creations.

I looked into stock photograpy and found its not what I want....not very profitable. Any info or help would be appreciated. Just feeling the waters right now, no definate plans as yet.
    Thanks.

2. craig

craig TPF Noob!

The answer is simple. Hit the streets with your portfolio. Few people realize that photography takes a lot of leg work and writing of the letters. Spill some details, images and nearest metro city and we can help further.

Love & Bass