Game Time

digital...hmm wonder if it reflected off the glass kinda funny..I know some of them did....

How close to the glass are you? Are you using polarizer? They do look blue. Could the lighting be causing that? Cold air cause darker blue. (ultra blue?)

Hockey is such a fast-paced sport, but it's interesting to see the players looking seemingly so relaxed!

This is reason #472 that I like photography: Sports are seen in a completely different light.

Thanks for sharing these...

Thanks for sharing these. I too agree with the blueness, however I believe that is caused by the special lighing used at the arena's. They are very blue on their own.

I would have really like to see a shot that portrayed more action and emotion. Most of these left me fealing flat.

Actually - believe it or not - the ice itself reflects blue cast - just as snow does in shaded areas.

Lol I had it on sequence shots so I took like 132 pics..Ill go through them and see if I can find a really good action shot for you...

and if not, well at least it will give me another excuse to go to another game ;)

Thank you all for your feed back its greatly appreciated.

Awesome shots! I've found when shooting hockey games that I need to set my white balance to incandescent lighting. If I leave it on auto, it tends to either blue out like yours did or yellow out if the lights have just come up (the mercury vapor and metal halide lighting used in arenas shifts color temps as it heats up).

Those are some great shots though! I wish I had access to an NHL team closeby! :-( At least the CHL games here in Indy are cheap! I can almost afford season tics! Plus the organization isn't so picky about giving out photographer's passes--I might get to spend some game-time IN the penalty box this coming weekend! woooohooo, can't wait!!!

Here are some photos that I got at this past weekend's game:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2359

Most reactions

Back