Gamer Alert.....

How was the beta? I tried to get in on it but I was kidding myself...lol I don't have enough time in a day as is...=)
I hate that they are releasing it right before summer!! I don't want to be stuck inside, when it's beautiful outside.

I'm curious how they'll match hellmode (one life) with the new auction house. I can see some people getting very irate if they pay for gear with real money only to have their character die and all their paid for loot lost with it.

I never played the Hellmode in the last game. I was one of those complete geeks that paid money for gear though...lol Oh the memories!!

Diablo 2 is still THE best hack and slash rpg out there :)

Also excited for Diablo III, the beta was pretty good but very short (a good thing).

The online connection for playing single player doesnt bother me at all. Its the only non-intrusive way of adding a DRM like feature to a game. CD keys get cracked, limited number of installs are annoying, a quick authentication is pretty painless. I may be a little biased as I work in the video game industry.

Torchlight was pretty for for a Diablo like game, the girlfriend and I had a good time playing it.

Thing is online all the time is a right pain if one happens to lose their connection or have a less than perfect line. My Starcraft 2 awards is very gappy where my connection cut out mid-game all the time. Thankfully they dropped online all the time on that - I'm darned glad too because online all the time is a feature I feel should only be needed in MMO games (of which I will admit Diablo 3 sounds very much like it is in all but name an MMO ;)).

I'm very hopefull for Torchlight 2 - I just hope they revisit the idea of open area and multiple path random maps instead of just linear single path random maps.

Just played D3 for about 2 hours...lol Good stuff! I'll be buying it!!

mishele said:
Just played D3 for about 2 hours...lol Good stuff! I'll be buying it!!

Wicther 2 is going to be better.

Withcer 2 does rock, I played it when it came out for PC.

I'm interested in seeing the results when it comes out. I tend to worry when games take 10+ years to come out with a sequal. seems they end up trying to hard and killing it. though ive generally been happy with blizzards results in the past. I do agree that forced internet connection when you playing single player is a dumb move. I dont want to be connected if its just me playing by myself (lol) but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I'm a gamer but i'm a cheap gamer i usually buy very few games the day they come out. And that being said having a xbox360,ps3,wii,pc i have like 7 or 8 games sitting around that I havn't even touched yet. Sad I was off work for almost 5 months. home every day and I spent that entire time working on photography and maybe played 6 hours of games in that 5 month span. I need to get my priorities inline lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back